1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I may be a face painter.

Discussion in 'Face Painting' started by Leslie, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Leslie

Leslie New Member

I've been struggling trying to find "thing" with clowning. Looking for gags, routines , schticks, etc. well a friend just asked if I would be a clown for her upcoming birthday party, ( she's turning 29 and wants a whole childhood nostalgia party) and if I would be willing to do face painting. I've never giving this avenue much thought before and I'm pretty confident I'll be an ok painter. I'm quite excited to see this whole clown dream finally coming together. My question in this forum is do any of you make your own paints? I have been seeing recipes using corn starch, baby lotion and food coloring, but don't know if it would even be worth the hassle, or safe to use.

2. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

I am going to recommend that a few of the full scale face painters answer, but everything I've read and heard suggest strongly to purchase the real products and not to try creating something that may or may not agree with children's sensitive skin.

3. Barnie Bonkers

Barnie Bonkers Well-Known Member

I figure this is an old(er) thread, so I won't mess itup to much by posting this.....

I'd just use Latex house paint and a roller.....you can paint a lot of faces quickly that way.

It just occurred to me....That may be a funny clown bit.... have a large can of house paint (with some paint dripped over the sides of it...dried of course) and a paint roller (covered with dried paint so you don't make a real mess) and maybe a sign..... "FREE FACE PAINTING"