1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am sorry, I just cannot help myself...

Discussion in 'Political Jokes' started by Pookie, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

The people who had the extended slumber party at Zuccotti Park vowed that thousands, and yes, tens of thousands of people would storm the streets of Manhattan and prevent the financial institutions from operating by not allowing poor middle class workers from entering their places of employment and earn a paycheck.

Well, reality has dealt a harsh blow. Thus far only a few hundred have shown up on the streets and only about twenty persons have attempted to keep middle class workers from earning a paycheck which would allow them to pay taxes and provide for themselves, by blocking a place of employment.

Seeing as this particular group of protesters have problems with distinguishing between tens of thousands and hundreds, do they also not realize that they do not represent the "99%", but instead represent the 99% of people who share their particular frame of mind??

2. V

V Well-Known Member

Funny. Nearly every news agency reporting today has the number at more than "a few hundred" (less than a half hour after your initial post @ 10:20).

Pot... Kettle...

3. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Just for clarification...

I represent my own thoughts, beliefs, p.o.v., opinions, etc., etc. I do not ignorantly claim to represent 99% of the population, or any percent of people who may have similar thoughts or opinions.

4. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Sorry for coming back to this so late. I was busy with another post...

Once again, Vegetarian, you went for what you thought was an easy target, rather than address something that would reveal how shallow the thinking of the protesters are.

To quote myself:
    The point there was that there are people who are in the bottom 99% of lower wage earners who work at Wall Street financial institutions. They work there to provide income to support themselves, their families, their local communities, and local/state/federal governments. And the protestors, who claimed to support these people in the bottom 99% of wage earners, saw fit to take it upon themselves to prevent these people in the bottom 99% of wage earners from earning a living wage.

Or, was my original statement to subtle for you?

And yes, I know, from this and other posts, that I have a tendency to bludgeon home a point by constantly pointing out things, like those that claim to support the bottom 99% of wage earners are actively doing everything they can to ensure that others in the bottom 99% of wage earners cannot earn a living wage. That is because some people, such as yourself, choose to ignore these facts. And I want to make it so that these facts that are inconvenient for you loom so large that you have to confront them. And yet, you persist in ignoring them.

I am aware that The Bard said "Brevity is the soul of wit" (Polonius, Hamlet Act 2, Scene 2). However some people lack the understanding and intelligence to grasp this. Or are otherwise willingly ignorant.