1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get into Clown Chat

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by The Princess of Bozonia, Feb 5, 2007.

1. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

If your first time at Clown Chat (regularly held at 9 p.m. EST on Thursday) is going to be for this week's visit from Bubba Sikes, you might want to make sure everything is working ahead of time. You wouldn't want to be figuring it all out while the rest of us visit with Bubba :)

To use the chat room, you'll need the Flash plugin for your browser from Adobe. Most people already have this, but if there's any doubt as to whether you do or not, visit http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/. This page will test your browser and allow you to download the plugin if necessary.

Once you've got Flash, log on to Clown Forum and click on the blue balloon that says "Chat". A new window will open, and you'll be magically transported into the chat room. This is what it should look like:

[​IMG]
    (Click on the picture to enlarge it.)

The white arrow is pointing to the text box. Click inside of it and type your message, then hit enter or click the "Send" button. Your message will be sent to everyone else in Clown Chat. (You can see a list of people in the chat room in the box on the right.)

To customize the color of your messages, click the small box to the left of the "Save" button and choose a new color. To add a cute little icon to the left of your messages and name, click on the "Options" button, then the "Effects" tab. Be sure to check off the checkboxes next to your avatar selections, or they won't display.

• Thanks Thanks x 20
  2. The Princess of Bozonia

I'd also like extend an invitation to use our chat room to any clown alleys or groups that don't have a chat room of their own. :) Just send me a PM!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. azzy

azzy Yes, We Have No Bananas

Miss Princess, would it be possible to make the "It's Time for Clown Chat" banner be a link to the chat page? I always seem to click on this prior to the slapping of my forehead and then the clicking of the chat balloon.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The Princess of Bozonia

Added that link :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. azzy

azzy Yes, We Have No Bananas

My forehead appreciates it... if only I had asked months ago!

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  6. StitchesTheClown

StitchesTheClown New Member

I have had trouble accessing the chatroom, in fact I never have been able to access it since I got her =/ it says I am banned. It was him I swear! *points to an imaginary person*

7. SCOOP

SCOOP Ace Reporter

i still can't view your profile page either stiches

8. StitchesTheClown

I can't view it either, nor can I make an album X_X

9. luckylady7991

luckylady7991 New Member

Respect to clowns, it's such a hard job.

10. StitchesTheClown

It is... I would help if I could I promise! :(

11. RahniStarr

RahniStarr New Member

Just FYI Im a night owl so if anyone is up in the wee hours and wants to chat im usually up. I try to stay logged into chat in case someone logs on but if im not on you can email me at stacy1967@gmail.com and let me know you are on.
    [​IMG]

12. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Rahni,
    Just click on the blue words "clown forum" on the left of the screen and scroll down to the bottom. You can then see if anybody is in the chat room. Other wise just log on to chat and sit and wait someone may drop in. Where were you last night? Dusty was in along with a few others.
    Sara K.

13. CauliflowerClown

CauliflowerClown New Member

Well I'm nocturnal1961 in Ravelry a knit and crochet community and very huge. Anyways I'm nocturnal cause I'm up all night cause I work 3rd shift. So I'm on late at night too. I was Cauliflower Clown today in a yarn shop for a mascarade charity knit in. Afterwards I went to a gas station for coffee where my oldest daughter works and one of her coworkers wanted to know if I do parties. My daughter piped up and said she sure does but I really haven't in maybe last 3 years. ugh! Then went to Walmart to get stuff to make tuna casserole and everyone looked at me like they never saw a clown grocery shopping before. Hee, hee! actually that was fun cause I asked the kids I came in contact with that and told them clowns have to eat too you know. Heee heee a toddler in a shopping cart seat kept telling me i was funny as i joked around with his older sister and brother. There is a site with the people you see at Walmart but I bet the two that took my picture with their cell phones didn't put me.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  14. Chuckles_Douchet

Chuckles_Douchet New Member

I have yet to see anyone besides Clownfanboy123 in the Chat room. And he never responds when I chat at him!

15. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

The chat in on Thrusday nights. It's at 9 Eastern/ 6 Pacific.

16. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

The chat should be available 24/7. The official chat is Thursday nights. It has been a while since I popped in the chat to know how many people still use it each week.

17. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

On Thursdays usually I go to the chat Keekipoo, Willace, Princess, Loopy, Nightjester J and Barnie Bonkers are there. We come in and leave different times.

18. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

It's been awhile since I pooped in the chat, too.