1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you advertise?

Discussion in 'The Business of Clowning' started by Cinnamon the Clown, May 21, 2011.

1. Axle the Clown

Axle the Clown New Member

this thread has been very helpful for me! i will definately be using alot of the ideas!

2. amifunny

amifunny Member

I just reread this thread and picked up a couple of more ideas. I am a BIG believer in the internet and marketing online. websites, emails, etc.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

Here in Finland...

Even our country is small, we still need to work for advertisement. We use all those what you mentioned. Now days I am lucky to have a good agent that takes care of everything (but I know he works much to get me work!)

I use my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/KlovniSebastian and that helps people to find my show's

Regard's from Finland

4. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Besides Facebook, there are some entertainer groups on linkedin. I have found a couple of twitster/balloon groups and a clown groups on there that you can network with Mitty if you are interested.
    Sara K.

5. Jeff the Magic Man

Jeff the Magic Man Active Member

if your just starting out again, donate your time and perofmr at a few festivals like community events and such. pass out ALOT of cards there.

6. Jeff the Magic Man

Jeff the Magic Man Active Member

also try:
    gigsalad.com
    and
    gigmasters.com

7. Alex

Alex ...much nicer in person!!!

Not to unearth a buried thread or anything, but...
    Attractively designed business cards and other print materials are important to advertise. Take for example this card and 8 x 10 I designed for clown duo Steve & Ryan...
    [​IMG]

If you are in the market for some print materials, let me know. If you want to order an autographed 8x10 from Steve & Ryan, contact them!

Alex

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  8. Magic Christopher

Magic Christopher New Member

Nothing beats good SEO. I wish I was good at it!

9. Clown Murphy

Clown Murphy New Member

Hello I'm a clown from Germany. For me the most important thing is the webpage. I have a good ranking with Google from that I got a lot of jops. There's a Google maps which you can use people will find you low in the local area. You can even try Google adwords but for that you have to pay.
    Best regards from Germany
    Clown Murphy
    http://www.the-clown.de/meta/english.html

10. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

A clown from Germany named "Murphy?" :eek: :p

11. Magic Christopher

Magic Christopher New Member

Welcome to the clown forum, Mr. President!

12. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Wait... I just have to ask.... Is the web address a Simpson's reference? :)

(Namely, the explanation Sideshow Bob had for his tattoo, "Die, Bart, Die.")