1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you act when you're not in clown?

Discussion in 'Variety and Street Performance' started by Punkin, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Question for all of you clowns out there.......if you're not in clown, do you still act goofy? For some reason, I can't turn it off. If I'm in civilian clothes, I still act like Punkin. This tends to scare some people........they think I just got out of a mental asylum.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

Since I've not performed yet; it doesn't particularity show yet. You have to pry it out of me.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

I would love to act silly and be playful in real life too, but I'm too shy. I'm without my clown very serious and quiet. (I'm in clown quiet too :p ) My clown is my escape.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

My clown is me. So, it really is just an extension of my personality and nature to play in every day life. That said, I have a very serious and a very silly side. People tend to see one or the other of me in everyday life, and then are extremely surprised to discover that whichever tim they know isn't all that there is to him.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. NightJesterJ

NightJesterJ Member

It all depends on my mood honestly :/ For example yesterday I was at a convention and at first I was carefree and happy go lucky. I gasped and was excited to see all the wonderful costumes, art, and talented actors/singers/artists. But as the day went by I became less enthusiastic and bubbly to the point that I was just a mean ole grouch. :mad: Of course that is what happens to person when they are tired, hungry, and annoyed. I still need to work on keeping my personal feelings and or problems at bay while I'm working or performing. :/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

It was probably your wonderment to the clown world. When you are not in clown do you approach the world with child-like enthusiasm?

7. NightJesterJ

NightJesterJ Member

Not really, for the most part I'm quiet and keep to myself. But there are times when my inner child/clown comes out and wreaks a little havoc. lol :pie: :seltzer: :p

8. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

I personally can't do it. To be "on" full time would tire me out. I'm a quiet, simple fellow... but when it's time to go, I go hard. (The other clowns in my clown groups notice I tend to attract the rowdiest kids, and I think that's why. I'm so manic that they see something of themselves in me.)

Off hours, though, I am really low-key, since I like to be alone in my thoughts.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

Most of the time I turn it on or off. Sometimes when the clown is off he will sneak out. When it does I just say oh it the clown in me and people will say oh . Also I will tell them that I know there are 5,000 comedians out of work and they are stuck with me most of times they think that is funny. Either when the clown is on or off if I bring a smile or laugh to someone else it a good day. So hey go have a good day!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Klinki the Clown

Klinki the Clown New Member

I am always Klinki the Clown - however I don't act goofy all the time, no on stage and not off stage. I am a very serious person and I also include educational things just as values in my shows. Being a clown I also see a big responsibility in our society.

In German just like in English: I never say I work as a clown, I always say: I AM Klinki the Clown - it is not my job but my mission - a mission which also gives me the opportunity to make a living.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

I'm usually I nice guy when not in Clown of course at work I have to switch gears and be serious and I do hide the Clown from my work and as far as I know they just think I'm interested developing juggling skills. It is nice to have a hobby thats different and positive then the regular hobby that everyone else here has which is usually wanting to have a huge gun collection and a giant fuel consuming truck, I never had the desire to have any of these also most ppl like me who lift heavy weights regularly really dont need anything extra to make them feel tougher.
    I know that I've said this numerouse times but being a Clown has huge benefits as in you always look for the positives within day to day situations to make people alittle happier especially if there having a bad day.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Klinki the Clown

Klinki the Clown New Member

With that I absolutely agree because I am the same. We all have some bad days here and there (and don't let people know about it) but seeing someone who is sad and making him or her a bit happier also lets me feel much better.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

One thing I have notice when I am not clowning is that little kids still think I am funny. Go figure us clowns must have something that little people can see all the time.

14. Punkin that's a very good question, great discussion guys.

15. Honestly I really haven't told anyone that I love being a clown... I'm so nervous. :(

16. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Donuts - Punkin you've seen me. Donuts doesn't have inhabitions. He cheers at Gutter Balls and Missing pins at bowling. He's Not afraid to dance in the streets hold a strangers hand and walk with them. He can also Tone it way down when the need calls for it. Hes the one that loves all life has to offer and runs with what ever he's handed.

Jim - Im sub-conscious and really cant Break out into the care free as well as Donuts. But what I love about both of us is that we both share the same heart when it comes to others. We both stay pretty neutral and peace keeperish.

I'm not out to rule the world with clowning, Some may never know my name, I may even be forgotten some day, by those that know me. I entertain to see a smile and if I get money that's great too but I am willing to share everything I know and have learned to brighten a day or help another on their own journey of the discovery of the clown inside and help them carry it as far as they wish.

I WISH EVERY ONE A FUN FILLED CLOWN LIFE!!! ENJOY IT WHILE YOU GOT IT!

17. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Yep..........Donuts is nuts.......hahahahaha........but it's a good kind of nuts!