1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I find a registered clown face?

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by SpotOx, May 7, 2014.

1. SpotOx

SpotOx New Member

Can anyone tell me how to find a particular registered clown face? I have a friend who is retiring soon. She was once a clown, and her clown face is registered. I think she was in New Mexico at the time, if that helps. I would like to surprise her with a cake with a picture of that clown face on it. Since it's a surprise, I can't ask her this question. Thanks for any help that anyone can give me! :)

ps - I wrote this same message when I registered, so I apologize if it's redundant.

2. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

The only "registry" of clown faces I am aware of is one where some clowns faces have been recreated on eggs. This used to be in England, but it seems like I remember someone (Leon McBride and his wife perhaps? Anyone remember) who have done some here.

If you have a real name and a clown name along with a general idea of when she was active in clowning you would have a place to start. There is a regional clown association - the Western Region Clown Association (WRCA) that might have a picture in their archives if she attended any of their events. You might contact the Texas Clown Association as well. There are two larger clown organizations, the World Clown Association and Clowns of America International.

Good Luck, as it really depends on how active she was with her clowning. I you know the area she was clowning in you might contact the local paper.

3. SpotOx

SpotOx New Member

Thank you, Fitzwilly. I'll have to see if I can find out more info from her without getting her suspicious. I know she's told me all of this, but it's been a while.... But those are some good places for me to start. :cool:

4. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Who's stalking who with all this talk of registries.

5. SmartiiTheClown

SmartiiTheClown Well-Known Member

Clown International have the egg registry on display at Wookey hole Dorset England and at the Clowns church in Dalston London as Fitzwilly said. There is a US registry too i believe the international clown hall of fame would be your best bet for information on that one

Smartii

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. nizamgph

nizamgph New Member

Thanks for your information.

7. Smiley The Clown

Smiley The Clown Active Member

I've been looking for a registry as well. Anyone watching this thread, please post any info you may discover =) Love and hugs!