1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Party Clowning' started by Snoetje, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

Next weekend I have to do a show on a party! But I don't know what I should do! Here is my idea so far:

I start with my bird puppet act (about 5-8 minutes) so the children can just watch and laugh. In that act the bird is very annoying to me and I fight with him. My first act I ever did and it was succesful. Sadly this time without a microphone and music since I'm alone there. Then when that bird falls dead I let the children help with bringing it back to life. The bird is so happy now, he gives me a present!
    First I fail with opening it, the children help again with giving me advice. Then I play around with the ribbon which was on the present. Then I slowly open the box (building tension), and in the box there are different stuff to play with and for interaction. I was thinking juggling balls, a little soundbox for music and for the end balloons to draw on and give to the children. Also balloons are fun to fool around with.

Now my question is what do I put in the box? What are some nice things to play with or make jokes with? I can't do magic and I don't talk...
    I have just 12 days to work this out, eeeeep!
    I was thinking maybe a jump rope and that I fail with jumping and the child doesn't, but not all children can do that so.
    Maybe a little water gun...

Normally the children just play with me and then I just go with the flow and react as my character. But now someone asked me to do something where the children just watch...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Snoetje

Haha no water gun then. Although even with cliche stuff I was about to do something else with it than eh, the cliche stuff.
    My theater show won't be a standard show, but I'm afraid I have to do something more standard for parties because of the little time I have...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  3. ToonUp

ToonUp Member

Can you juggle scarves? If so, you could have them in the box as padding for the present, and when you pull them out to get to the present, you get distracted by them and start juggling them. Just like with the ribbon, you're making the act of getting to the present an adventure of its own.

4. Snoetje

Oh yeah that's nice. But the present has to be something fantastic then the since I take so much time getting to it. But what? What makes children go "woaaah" or have fun with it?
    It's pretty dull if I make them curious an disappoint them in the end.
    I am pretty creative so I can make something....

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  5. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

Why does the present have to be something fantastic? Let me tell you about the time I got nightingale poop for Christmas... But seriously, I'm picturing a tiny heart-shaped candy. And then as the crowd goes awww, the bird eats it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  6. Snoetje

Or! I leave the box empty. Then first it's "awww", but then I take out an invisible pet and something veery dirty and then I let the children use their imagination too and I play with the invisible things they take out of the box. But how do I let them use their imagination if I have to give instructions without saying something...

7. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

Really big spring snakes.

8. Snoetje

Oh new idea!

Which is too late to make for now (lots of drawings), but:
    I could bring a bunch of papers with me, with several combinations of it in pictures.
    For example, for now I have [picture of Snoetje]+[picture of something round]+[picture of chair]=[picture of car]. I already have Snoetje with me, and something round (a juggling ring), I only need a chair! So, children can look for a chair for me and then I can play pretend in a car. And with another chair and ring a child can sit next to me. Of course I don't forget I'm a clown so with the clumsyness and such too. ;)

This can have potentional with parties! Just bring formulas with you with pictures of stuff you can find in every home and then plaaay! Something different then balloon twisting or magic (or it can be combined with magic too). And you don't have to bring so much stuff with you, very handy if you don't have a car. :D :D
    You can also do this in the form of a shopping list, let children help getting all the stuff. They have NO IDEA what you're going to do with it because it doesn't make any sense, but in the end it's becoming a...boat or something! Imagination and interaction yay!

I'm going to experiment with this idea. :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 2