1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Balloon Color

Discussion in 'Balloon Sculpture' started by lpmorgens, Apr 12, 2016.

1. lpmorgens

lpmorgens New Member

I have a new question.... (we're just learning). Anyhow, Betallatex Pearl White is very transparent... is this the same for Qualatex? Does anyone know if they are the same or if one is more opaque than the other? Thanks in advance!

I am considering ordering Q260 Pearl Sapphire Blue, and it looks to have a slight purple/periwinkle tint to it in my catalog, but looks very blue on other sites. Does anyone have this balloon? I would like to know how blue vs. how lilac/periwinklish it is without having to order an entire bag. Thank you.

Oh, does anyone know of any other twisting balloon companies other than Q and B? I'm looking for some new color variations. Thanks again!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

Those are the only two companies I know of, i prefer qualatex to betalatex just because of the feel of the balloons as i'm twisting, but I know it's a pretty even mix as far as the guys who only do balloons go. I've not seen a pearl sapphire, but sapphire is one of the jewel tones which means it's transparent. If by chance you transposed some words and accidentally said pearl instead of Jewell, then it is going to be a bit darker than a royal blue and transparent. It will look very dark almost a midnight blue when uninflated. If you've ever bought the traditional assortment, it's the blue that comes with that.

Edit: I just looked on Larocks website, and i did see the pearl sapphire. I would imagine that maybe it's just sapphire with the pearlescent stuff added to the batch?

3. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

If you have a question, it might be good to contact your vendor and ask them. Or, spend the $5 and buy both to see which you like.

I was surprised to learn that Qualatex has two Onyx Black balloons: the Fashion Onyx Black Qualatex and the Pearl Onyx Black Qualatex. I had to contact LaRocks to see if they were different and which one I had been buying in the past. I forget what they said was the difference, but they are different.

4. lpmorgens

lpmorgens New Member

Thank you!!

5. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

I think the pearl has kind of a frosty outside to it.