1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Texas!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ryan W, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Ryan W

Ryan W New Member

Hey clowns, brand new here. I've been talking about becoming a clown for about the past 10 years. I'm 36 now but I don't think there's an age limit to clowning. I've never really clowned before aside from the everyday antics that other people label me a weirdo for, but I am super excited to learn.

I'm an amateur puppeteer and I was a theater acting major in college. Went to the ringling bros circus every year for a long time until it closed down and each and every time I wanted to run away and join the clowns. Now I just can't take it anymore, as soon as I can save the money I intend to travel across the country to go to the mooseburger school. Having lurked here for years I figured it was time to join and say hello, so here I am. Hello!

2. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Hi back atcha! All the best in your silly pursuits!

3. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Nope, no age limits.... although there probably aren't too many 36 year olds getting started as a clown. I was 35 when I first attended Mooseburger. Well, maybe there just aren't too many people learning how to be a clown unless they have a parent or relative who is a clown. Being a clown isn't the easiest or highest paying job. But, it can be very rewarding when you get to make a room full of children laugh and smile.

4. KageTomari

KageTomari prolific poster....

hello & welcome