1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Government Shutdown??

Discussion in 'Political Jokes' started by Pookie, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

So, Democrat Party Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada has decided to allow the Government of the United States of America to shut down, rather than make a couple of concessions. (In his own words: "I will not compromise.")

Odd, though... The Democrat Party majority led government seems to be doing just about as much, and just about as well, as before it shut down.

It's also odd that Democrat Party Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada's bagman, who admitted in open court "I didn't do it for any other reason than a friend asked me to raise money," has been convicted of funneling $130,000 in illegal campaign contributions to the Senator's re-election fund. Yet the Senator has not been convicted of receiving or using illegal funds to ensure that he was re-elected. And the fact that the Democrat Party Senator was able to gain re-election partially through illegal means, has not been brought into question.

Odd...

• Groan Groan x 1
  2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

"They shut down the government over an ideological crusade." Well, Mr. Obama, can't that be said of both sides? Neither side gave in on the issue... Are you willing to keep the government closed over an idelogical issue?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mack_Padson

Mack_Padson New Member

It always amazes me how successful republicans are at getting people to believe their fables.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Cool Fool

Cool Fool Clown

It amazes me that so many middle class and poor people believe that the party whose ideology is predicated on the tenet that poor people have too much and the rich don't have nearly enough is going to look out for their best interests. Being a republican won't make you rich, but being rich will make you a republican. *<);O)

5. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

I'm so worried for you all, it must be complete anarchy. How have you all managed to survive today, without an effective government? Out of sympathy and respect, to show you all, that you have friends across the pond that care and feel your pain, I'm going to shut down my PC corrrectly this evening.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Odd...

I never mentioned my political affiliations in my post. But, for the record, I am an independent. Though I'm not sure why, since the Democrat Party has no interest in reaching out to me.

And-
    Well said, Mr. Daft, well said.

7. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the robot on mars. Being left alone there...

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  8. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Snoetje, you are probably smarter than the rest of us!!

9. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

Wait a minute... the government shut down? How can you tell that the nothing that they are doing today is different than the nothing they did before they shut down?

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  10. Cool Fool

Cool Fool Clown

Odd.

How is it a political joke that hundreds of thousands of people that depend on paycheck continuity are not being paid? How is it a joke that medicine and food are being denied to people that depend on it for their health and well being? Oh, I get it! they can ask their parents for help! Or not.

Odd how some people think that any comment made about a subject is made about them specifically.

Odd how a terrorist minority of a dysfunctional majority in one part of a bicameral legislature can hold the entire country hostage.

Odder still how anyone can think that this is a joke. Odd, indeed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

Please be careful, Your bleeding heart is dripping on my shoe...

12. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

With all my vast, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of American politics, it is clear to me this impasse could be solved instantly. All that needs to happen is those obdurate Republicans read this book by President Obama's friend and favourite author. Don't all rush to thank me for solving your Government's problems.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. Barnie Bonkers

Barnie Bonkers Well-Known Member

If the Government is shut down, then who is writing the pay checks for the politicians ?

14. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

My point exactly!!!

If the d-bagger members of the Democrat Party, mostly those in the Senate, would stop stalling and vote yes on the continuing resolutions that have been proposed to keep things going, then all the paychecks would go out!!

Remember-- "The Republican Party is the party of bad ideas. The Democrat Party is the party of no ideas... A Republican stands up in Congress and says 'I have an idea"; a Democrat stands up and says "I know how to make that idea worse!'" Louis Black

15. Mack_Padson

Mack_Padson New Member

By all means enlighten me to what ideas the republican party is putting forth. The only ideas i've see are 40 attempts to repeal a law. Keep in mind these attempts cost taxpayers millions. Certainly there's a better use for that money when at the same time they love to complain about how government spending is out of control.

I dont see ideas, i see spoiled children stomping their feet and doing their best jobs not to govern and help improve the lives of Americans, but rather to make the opposing party fail and look bad. There's no care about citizens, just their personal ability to stay in office.

Dont like the ACA? Then put forth some IDEAs on how to work together and make it better. But no, the only "ideas" they can manage is to get rid of it completely. Thats not an idea, thats a sore loser.

Its the law. Its been deemed constitutional. To hold the country hostage because you think you're going to convince the president to give up his largest accomplishment is idiocy. There has never been a sliver of doubt this would fail. They did it anyway.

If that's the quality of their ideas, i'd rather they keep them to themselves.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Never mind their ideas Mack, where are yours? This is the Clown Forum, where is the clown's responce to all this?

17. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

My goodness!!! Once again you have made my point about the Democratic Party running loose in The House and Senate!!

Besides, you should stake Mr. Daft's suggestion; it would be nice to hear an original thought.

• Groan Groan x 1
  18. Yin Yang

Yin Yang Active Member

It all comes down to whom has more political capital. If the Democrats have enough political capital, then they can afford to get by without having to give in to the opposition. And besides, the President, and the Democrats in the legislature, have already made enough concessions as it is. Now I feel it is time for Pres. Obama to put his foot down, draw a line in the sand, and assert his executive authority. In other words, be like Jay Z, in his one song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYXKafuW1Pw. And, as Rihanna said, in the song, "who's gonna run this town (Washington D.C.) tonight?". And as to original thought, as I suppose that none of us have intented their own political philosophy, no political thought can be entirely original. Just as most of our jokes, and/or gags are not of our own invention. As both a clown, and a politician, and the two terms are not mutually exclusive, by any means :), "I stand on the shoulders of giants"-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_on_the_shoulders_of_giants. And just think, one of the reasons why I got into clowning as a hobby was to have an interest besides politics. ;) Oh,well. :)

19. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

That's a slightly more eloquent cop out than the usual excuses but it was a cop out none the less. Yet again the clown forum comes up with an excuse as to why it's members need not bother trying to create funnies.

It's not just the US Government that isn't working.

• Groan Groan x 1
  20. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Not as bad as the sad pooch that was in Sputnik 2. sorry Laika