1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giant balloon

Discussion in 'The Business of Clowning' started by Rio, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Rio

Rio New Member

Hi i have a question for everyone =) who makes animation with giant balloons like this one? And what do you do with them?

[​IMG]

2. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

I have in the past for a display piece. We used 3 footers to add to Pillars and Columns. I have also used them as explode's stuffed with balloons and confetti for a few weddings. I'm sure with a little thought you could use them as pieces to twist but i don't see them as as being a b-day party staple with the cost being around 3 to 5$. I seen a few People use the really big ones to climb into I think those are the 7 footers made for that they are inflated with a vacuum.

3. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

David Brenion made some really great sculptures with the 3 footers. You need to check out his Belly buddies video to see how they are made. I did a variety show act for our local town and came out on stage with a hamper with pre blown up balloons and a not lamp balloon covered to look like a tree. I played a variety of bird music like Tennesee bird walk, Surfer Bird, etc. I then made a variety of smaller bird balloons while my assistance put them in the tree. For the finally I ran off stage and came back out dressed in my bird costume (quick change) and drug out a 7 foot belly buddy Owl. I pre made the owl the day before the show. It was fun to do. Short show probably only 10 min. tops but it went over well. I left the bird at the high school there and kids were standing by it taking their picture at the ball game the next night. It stayed there for weeks. I'm surprised some kid didn't pop it on purpose but they must have liked it cause the janitor finally took it down for me.
    S.K.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Rio

Rio New Member

For me, a party is never complete without balloons and a Clown party is never complete without huge balloons to play with =)

5. azzy

azzy Yes, We Have No Bananas

I've always wanted some of those balloons that you can get inside. This still seems a bit small.

6. azzy

6 foot. That's what we need.

7. azzy

I totally missed where Donuts mentioned this above, my apologies.