1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funtasma clown shows

Discussion in 'Costumes' started by Klinki the Clown, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Klinki the Clown

Klinki the Clown New Member

I am using Funtasma Clown Shoes and I love them but I wear them a lot and due to the use I have a little problem. The top material tends to break.

What can I do to keep the top material smooth and pretend it from breaking. I just ordered a new pair and will try to keep them in a good condition as long as possible.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  2. Auggie

Auggie New Member

I haven't bought clown shoes yet, but I found on google that the shoes are made of polyurethane. So I searched for how to take care of polyurethane shoes and got this site

http://fauxleatherguide.com/how-to-prevent-faux-leather-from-cracking.html

The article says baby oil is usable. But this is to prevent cracking, I am not sure if there is a way to stop it if it already started :cry:

Good luck. I hope this helps

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Klinki the Clown

Klinki the Clown New Member

Thanks Auggie - your answer really got me going. I followed your link and started searching. Found some great information there.

Next week I'll have a show for a shoe-dealer - thanks to your answer here I now exactly know what to ask for and of course - the answer I will post because I know quite a few clowns here use Funtasma shoes.

4. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Klinki I don't Know much about fantasma shoes but there are leather shoes that are inexpensive they can be found on US Ebay all leather not custom but nice shoes about $150 or less John Spears At SpearsShoes.com do custom work Really nice shoes I have them and love them, just other thought instead of buying new ones so frequently Id invest in better Quality Leather it will defineitly last longer. also you said your working with a shoe dealer check if he has any leads for custom in your area.
    Hope that helps
    Good luck with your shoe shopping!

• Thanks Thanks x 1