1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fresh material for upcoming parades.

Discussion in 'Variety and Street Performance' started by miss-daisy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. miss-daisy

miss-daisy New Member

I am looking for some new ideas for my parade routine as I have 2 parades coming up this week. So far the ideas I have are offering individuals in the crowd a brownie that I made myself, then pulling from my bag a brown piece of paper cut in the shape of an E. I am also thinking of showing them my bee collection, which is a jar that I have glued a bunch of letter B's to on the inside. Any good ideas will be appreciated!

2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

If you have a few clown friends, get a team uniform and a bunch of drills and become a drill team.

Get a giant pair of scissors and cut in line.

Make a portable TV set and sit on it and tell everyone you are on TV.

Get a fishing pole and a giant 1 and tell everyone that you caught the Big 1

3. Barnie Bonkers

Barnie Bonkers Well-Known Member

OK... exactly what do you search for ?

Try it yourself.... "Parade Ideas"....

the "Occupy Wall Street" post sounded good.... and there are a few others....

But if you don't know the question to ask... then you can't find the information you are looking for... So then you ask for help....

(OH yeah... the answer is 42...just in case anyone missed it...)

.but to poop on someone for not knowing where or what to search for is ..... well..... not nice.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Miss Daisy I like you came here to connect with clowns and get advice, so I'll offer these parade ideas: Get sponge balls and offer them as Clown Noses Freshly Picked. If you want to keep them hold some green pipe cleaners and let the kiddies take the stem leaving you with the noses. Take girls scrunchy hair ties and glue pom poms to them and give them away as Ringy Dings. As I'm walking parades I carry old decks of cards with me and ask the audience if they would like a card and then give them a playing card and as I'm walking away I say I never was playing with a full deck any way. I've also photo copied a couple of U's or a drawing of my thumb cut them in to smaller papers and stop and ask if I can draw U and then hand them the photo copied piece of paper. Then Joke I didn't say it was a good picture. Also suitcase gags can be made from manila Folders. You but the title on the front like My B Collection and then inside all the B's Or Do You Want to See the 7 Seas? inside 7 C's. Exotic Birds and have a large photo of 2 Tin cans (Toucans get it lol i know silly pun) A piece of the great wall of China a photo of Dishes. My Toyota= Inside a Toy Yoda. My Blue Jay collection inside blue J;s Hope this gets some juices flowing so you don't have to redo your costume but a new prop is so much easier and often times a little easier.

5. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

WS Thanks for the great photos they are very novel. They appear to be from the turn of the century circa maybe 1930's. Did you scan those from a book? I'd love to read it if you could pass on the title. I love the history of them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

I have to get myself some pants with the duck attached to them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

Get your points across in 30 seconds or less. I do lot of parades and I try to keep it simple,easy to carry,and bit is to get point across in 30 seconds or less. The other thing I have learn always wear gloves.you will find that people will give you five or knuckles if you have glove if no gloves they will not do it. Never squirt,or throw things at parades watchers put yourself in theirs shoes when creating a bit.. You shave fun in a parade and when you do then parade watchers. Will feed off your engery ! So go do it and have fun.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

I just Did a free face paint walk around I poured acrylic paint in a paint roller pan and painted the roller Then let it dry 3 days and then put a sign on the front saying free Face painting, if any one that wanted it I rolled the roller across their arm of leg and said it shows up in an hour , It was quick and lots of laughs, The pic is in my album i cant get it to set it keeps saying error so you just got to check out my profile and then my album its in there,

• Thanks Thanks x 1