1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feltacon (Seattle)

Discussion in 'Storytelling and Puppets' started by tim, Jul 10, 2016.

1. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Anyone out west been to or know about this puppetry weekend? It seems quite promising (and extremely affordable.)

http://www.feltacon.com

2. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

$85 bucks is a little pricey for me, personally. Still, I will pass the word on to my fellow entertainers. Thanks for the heads up!

3. tim

Pricey? Wow. While I understand personal circumstances, objectively speaking, it's a really great price for two days of workshops. A lot of puppetry festivals and workshops cost sometimes several hundred dollars. This seems a steal!

4. tim

I need the groan button back!

5. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Well, pricey in the sense that I don't use puppetry much in my routine and $100 (now) seems like a lot of money for something I trot out once or twice a year.

I will say that I did chat this up at the Big Foot Clown Alley in Tacoma and hopefully some of the more puppetry-focused clowns will attend!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Sometimes, just getting together with other types of entertainers and seeing them perform can give inspiration to your own performances. The expensive part, is for those of us from the wrong Washington that would have to fly across the country, find a hotel, and stuff like that. I guess there could also be the lost gigs that come from not working one weekend.

7. tim

Kewl. Report back here for us, please, and let us know what they thought of the event and workshops.

I'd love to attend, myself, but as Toony noted...

I do like to try things to extend myself and expand my repertoire, gaining new ideas, and getting the creative juices flowing. I think that the greater base of understanding I have of various arts the more opportunity I have to pull upon in my own work, when needed.