1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

European style juggling resources?

Discussion in 'Juggling' started by LarryTheClown, Oct 8, 2013.

1. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

I watched a TED talk on YouTube about juggling recently. The speaker goes on about differences between American and European style juggling. Mainly that American style is based on repetition, while European style is more about fits and starts.

Most of the resources listed on this site (and most of the tutorials I've found on YouTube) are mainly about the American style. Is there anyone familiar with sites that teach some of the basic 3 ball tricks?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Magic Christopher

Magic Christopher New Member

My style of juggling rhymes with "fits and starts":cry:

3. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Whaaa---? What's so wrong with "wits and smarts"? That's... Oh.

Ohhhhh...... :)

Anyway, if anyone is interested, the video I'm refering to is below:

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Oh, Jay is inspiring. Watching him work in shows and sitting in on a class of his at a fest once totally changed my perspective on what juggling CAN be.

5. CorinePerez

CorinePerez New Member

I just love juggling. It use to be pretty tough in the start but now that i have practiced it,i can juggle everything.

6. EricaGreenblatt

EricaGreenblatt New Member

i appreciate both of the juggling arts, be it American or British, and i guess if to try, there may a unique juggling skill be found as well out of these two

7. Auggie

Auggie New Member

I watched that video a couple times before and I'm curious as to how prominent the differences really are compared to each other. I am American, but I learned to juggle while in Germany at a couple conventions. I don't have a long history with juggling, but at these conventions, everything seemed relatively normal. I mean site swaps and typical styles were the same.

...well maybe they are different, but if it really is different then maybe I'll think American juggling conventions are boring :p hmm...

• Thanks Thanks x 1