1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elephants..?

Discussion in 'Political Jokes' started by Pookie, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Some few years ago, a young man joined he Peace Corps, and was sent to the outlying areas of India. He found his work rewarding. And along the way, he met a woman and fell in love. When his time with the Peace Corps ended, he asked the woman to marry him and return with him to the U.S.

Soon they had a son. When the child was old enough to enter school the mother decided that it was time for the him to know about his cultural and religious heritage. The mother showed her son a picture of the the elephant god Ganehsa. She explained that he was the god of success and the patron deity of science and intellect.

The father saw this and ran in outraged. "What in the world are you doing?!?"

"I am teaching our son about Ganesha, the Hindu elephant god of success!"

"Oh, thank goodness," the father exclaimed, "I thought you were trying to turn him into a Republican!!"

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

A few years ago, Ringling arrived on Election Day. I was standing around, with many others, watching the train being unloaded. Someone from the press asked their PR person (who happened to be near me) whether the circus would be doing anything special because of the election. Indeed, she replied, there would be a "straw poll!" in which the elephants would be participating (eating.) Without missing a beat, I along with some (shocked) others turned to her and said, "This is a Democratic city!" (She assured us they would not tip the scales as these were "non-partisan elephants.")

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
    Jean de la Bruyere

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

So you are saying the father was an a$$...

5. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Uuuhhhh...

'Nuff said.

6. Yin Yang

Yin Yang Active Member

Don't circuses have donkeys too? [​IMG] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaO4HB1A558

• Thanks Thanks x 1