1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do clowns & balloons really go hand in hand

Discussion in 'The Clown Café' started by KageTomari, Nov 10, 2015.

1. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I think a lot of them tended to specialize also. Some clowns were performers who had other circus skills, so could use those. But, they may have become clowns because they could no longer do aerial or acrobatic acts. Still, you had pretty clowns who excelled at makeup and costuming, for example, that weren't always the most humorous. But they could take a great photo. Others were good in a ring, but wouldn't have survived up close, surly as they were. Some were outstanding show clowns, but had sloppy makeup. You never noticed, as you were not up close and their images were not used in advertising.

Today, one might ask if the magician with a great street set could hold an audience of kids at a party. Or if the outstanding balloon artist has the temperament to.assist at a hospital sans latex. Does circus clowning translate into up close work? Does the esoteric, artistic puppeteer know how to interact with kids? And how are different kinds of clowns relevant in our time and place?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. KageTomari

KageTomari prolific poster....

oh my gosh thats a long time you must be very very good at all the things you do and umm I don't have a inner clown or anything sorry I just like them

3. KageTomari

g you know alot about clowns and well clowns all do different thing and find a way to make people happy and everyone needs to be happy even if it just for a little bit so I think thats relevant

4. sassafrass

sassafrass New Member

5. Barnie Bonkers

Barnie Bonkers Well-Known Member

But balloon animals are easy to make, and the (empty) balloons don't take up much space in your pockets.....and it's kinda funny watching me trying to blow them up.... <I'm not a balloon production line>.... So being silly blowing them up is funny... and then totally messing up tying them into something...... ergh...it's a wombat...I think.... makes it even better. (and with the proper reaction ....the ones that pop can be funny also...)
    Once you learn a few basic animals, you can improvise a whole bunch....

6. KageTomari

I have watch videos of clowns making balloon animals um well with the sound off and they was pretty funny tho um I don't think a balloon popping could be funny I mean um not to me sorry

7. Barnie Bonkers

Barnie Bonkers Well-Known Member

I don't think a balloon popping could be funny I mean um not to me sorry (rats....can't remember how to do do quotes.....)

Anyway.....

It's how you react to the balloon popping that is funny.... if you just shrug it off as something that happens with balloons..... well it's not that funny..... but if you jump back compleatly startled that something like that just happend ... look around ...and try to figure it out... (AND if you still have enough of the balloon to let go and fly off...) it can be funny..... it's all how you play it !

Another example....
    if you have a balloon that unfortunately has a hole in it... you could just toss it away (not that funny) OR... you could keep trying to blow it up.... everyone sees what the problem with the balloon is but you...... Play off it... scratch your head trying to figure it out, and then hand it to someone and tell them it's just a "tired' puppy....(assuming that most of your balloon animals are puppy s )

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  8. KageTomari

um I mean well I'm sure the balloon popping is really funny to other people it just isn't funny to me coz um I'm scared of balloons I'm sorry but the other stuff does funny