1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct response from Palmer

Discussion in 'Face Painting' started by CoCo and JoJo, Mar 16, 2013.

1. CoCo and JoJo

CoCo and JoJo New Member

This response will end it at least for CoCo and JoJo

Dear Face-Painting-Fun:

I am responding to your concerns over the safety of Palmer’s Face Paint products. I have reviewed the blogging that you attached to your email. I found nothing specific except for a claim that our base is a latex used in house paint. This is untrue. The base for our face paint is a cosmetic grade resin approved for and used in many cosmetics.

Our face paint has been tested and approved for use by the Consumer Products Safety Commission, tested by Duke University to meet the ASTM D-4236 standards for children’s paints and contains only FDA Cosmetic grade pigments.

Although we have done everything in our power to make sure this product is safe for your children and ours (it was tested on the children of our staff), allergic reactions are always a possibility with any product and therefore we recommend testing before use.

Beverly A. Geisler, President

PALMER FACE PAINT PRODUCTS , INC.
    1291 Rochester Road
    Troy, MI 48083
    bgeisler@palmerpaint.com
    248-588-4500 x8103
    248-588-4018 Fax

:applause:

• Groan Groan x 2
  2. Tilly

Tilly New Member

While the PIGMENT may be cosmetic grade, the rest of their ingredients certainly are not! Palmer paint dries hard and cracks on the skin and dries hard and flaky. Show ANY cosmetic, theater, F/X make up... you name it, you WILL NOT find a product that dries like that and clogs the pores and reacts so severely with the skin. Just because SOME of the ingredients are approved by the FDA does not mean the whole product is approved by the FDA.

Palmer contains polyvynylacetate which is a plastic also found in all craft paints. Palmer will not admit things like this freely because it makes them look bad.

3. CoCo and JoJo

CoCo and JoJo New Member

Since I now know that with face painting guide
    lines and if I face paint I will be using Palmer Face
    paint within my budget .

Now if someone set CoCo and JoJo up with the
    expensive Face painting we reject not blessings but
    receive them and will use them as the Lord puts them
    to work into clown ministry .

Due to all the negative I received on clown forum a unsafe place for
    CoCo and JoJo . For both of us love the clown Lord is turning us into
    and our props are awesome to us and to us this is all that truly matters .

Yes we accept blessings
    CoCo and JoJo
    1911 12 Str
    Lynchburg Va 24501
    ucanbeasurvivorhappyfrog@gmail.com

:applause:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
    • Groan Groan x 2
  4. Tilly

Tilly New Member

Have fun putting crap on children's faces and then dealing with the angry parents of the kids that are allergic to it then. That is unconscionable. And I am done trying to help you make better choices for yourself and your clients.

5. Alex

Alex ...much nicer in person!!!

By blessings do you mean donations?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Nettie Belle

Nettie Belle New Member

Yes I emailed CoCo and JoJo and said I would send some stuff as a donation.