1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cube Juggling

Discussion in 'Juggling' started by V, Jan 15, 2013.

1. V

V Well-Known Member

Wife is working on an aerial silks show for either late this year or early 14, and wanting something to accompany it to fill in gaps and such. Just ordered my first juggling cube and wondering if anywhere here has manipulated them much, or at all? Any resources for them out there?

I'll be busking this summer and can hopefully pick up some instruction at a stop in Asheville, but in the time until then I'd hate to have it just laying around...

Any other ideas for an accompanying act for silks in case I suck @ the cube (a real concern as I've just finished dropping about 40 lbs in preparation for race season - easier to carry 180lbs than it is to carry 220lbs over several miles and all; certain that the loss in mass will effect upper body strength; but never working a cube I don't know what that really equates to).

2. Zeeppo

Zeeppo New Member

If you are referring to cigar boxes (3 wooden or plastic boxes) juggling from Star to Star has a good overview of the basic and some intermediate stuff. It is by Dave, Dorthy and Bed Finnigan. And I am pretty sure it is published by Human Kinetics.

If you are talking about the great big frame thing that people toss around and jump in and out of I am not aware of anything published. There are several videos on the youtube.

3. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

I have found it's easiest to master cubing after they melt.

• Groan Groan x 2
  4. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

That act is done alot on the Cirque Du Soleil side of performing and if you happen to buy or build one might want to pratice outside I mean try to imagine spinning that thing inside hitting the ceiling and furniture.