1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Club kick ups

Discussion in 'Juggling' started by Cardboard, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Cardboard

Cardboard New Member

I've been trying club kick ups and can't seem to get it right. I've watched videos and read books but still need help. How long should it take to be able to get this on average and do the type of club and shoes matter? My clubs are just the one-piece cheap beginner type of clubs and I've tried leather and canvas shoes. Any tips?

2. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Place the handle of the club across the front of your ankle, with that foot forward. With the opposite foot, STEP forward, while flicking your foot up and to the side. The club should come right to your hand.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Cardboard

Cardboard New Member

I've tried and tried and guess it just takes lots of practice. It did work a couple of times and I'm sure when I finally get it, it will be well worth all the practice time.

4. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I've been trying and trying for five years and still can't always hit it accurately. I suppose some things might just not be meant to be. But I have fun with it, nonetheless. And keep trying.

5. SCOOP

SCOOP Ace Reporter

last year i went to a convention and a guy showed me and i was able to do a kick up. i went home and then was unable to get it right ever again! i feel it worked like when your car is at the shop it works fine till your a mile away!!! lol

6. Cardboard

Cardboard New Member

Guys I've discoverd that the kickups take lots of practice but with the right equiptment(not the cheapest set of beginner clubs you can find), they're very managable. I practiced them with a buddy of mine who has several sets of clubs and the first thing I noticed was the weight and balance of her clubs versus mine. I was much more successful with hers than mine. She has lots of experience and still had difficulty kickin up with mine. So I guess its time to get better equiptment. Happy kicking!

• Thanks Thanks x 2