1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clown Parade Ideas

Discussion in 'Variety and Street Performance' started by Willace-the-Clown, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Ok as many of you know my alley does two Parades every February. We have been having trouble really thinking of a group thing to do & usually do our own thing or mostly bubbles. Clyde Came in once & talked to us about Paradeability but when it comes to thinking up things our mind seems to go fizzle fizzle. We do have fun though. One idea a member had was Toast of the town & we wear a sandwich board in the shape of sliced bread. If anyone has a few ideas toss it out there & I’ll take the ones I like to the next meeting thanks in advance for any help.

2. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

I once saw this in a parade (actually multiple times) and I enjoyed it: People walking in a row in chairs with fake legs. They pretended they were in a rollercoaster! So they were all like wooooaaah! at once and stuff like that. :D
    Or maybe pretending to be a train (with the one in front with a huge hat with steam coming out of it and others carrying cardboard wheels. Obvious fake can be funny.)

Maybe you can watch videos of carnival parades. There are a lot funny group ideas there. (but most are just pretty cars of course)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  3. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

I realize Will there are many ideas in the back logs probably not much new I can offer? It is in February. A heart theme? How about you go as giant playing cards with all the hearts. Have the cards have a corner cut off and one with a sign We're not playing with a full deck? Or walking in the heartland? Dress one up with a huge box to look like a steam engiine. Sign says Train in vein? Rest of cars behind all have hearts on em. Play musical instruments and wear heart vests. Call yourself the sinus rhythms. We don't skip a beat.
    Sara K.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. EricaGreenblatt

EricaGreenblatt New Member

i guess you guys are so much gifted creative that will surely get some new and refreshed ideas to go with and make everyone wonder .. so why not

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

On Parade routes we have used the white line down the center of the road as a tight rope and said we were the great Clownendas the cousins of the Wellandas, we've also did the Shave the whales we carried large razors we made from pool noodles Or buy a PeachyKeen one there like $40 a piece pool noodles $4 you decide. We had blow up dollar store whales with fake beards so kids got the joke as well. We once for our Christmas parade, we tied ropes under the hood and made it look like we were towing the car as the Grinch drove it. We all wore antlers like we were reindeer pulling his sleigh. A swat team a group with fly swaters or a drill team with hand drills.
    hope this helps

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Heres something that would be cool to have for a parade.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Barnie Bonkers

Barnie Bonkers Well-Known Member

I made something like that.... the biggest problem is re-loading the thing.(it doesn't take forever, but it does take a little time to pump it up.)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

I think if I built it I would have to carry a pump and a bag of confetti and only aim up never directly at people but I'd switch out that metal air valve with a new tire stem valve so that it would be flexible and less prone to breaking.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Parades

Loopy..........that's a great idea........just remember, not too close to the kids........I know this other clown that wants to do something like that, and I told him the same thing.
    Punkin

10. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

BTW Loopy.........do you make a lot of different kinds of props? I'm looking for a giant pumpkin puppet that spits seeds.............:)

11. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

What a shame that your society and culture makes you think you have to think and behave life that. Your throwing confetti for God's sakes!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Yea, I know what you're saying, Mr. B. Daft............people are so sue happy now, that you have to be so careful. If the PSI on the cannon is too high and it's a little too close to someone's face, you could blow their face off. And the other thing would be getting confetti in their eyes. LAW SUIT..........not a good thing, And you know people will sue for just the smallest things. Loopy is wise not to shoot directly at the crowd.

13. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

Next weekend is The RED SKELTON FESTIVAL with The PARADE of THOUSAND CLOWNS. A parade of all clowns iti is lot's of fun. Vincennes INd

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Do you have a date on the Red Skelton Festival and Parade. Size thousand Clowns, activety festival/pardade, location Vincennes Ind, uniform Clown Outfit, Time____?, equipment Clown Props. (sure I could have Googled it but asking this gets a post count)

15. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Hey Loopy.........I think it was last week. Sue was the grand marshal.

16. The NORMAL One

Sue was the grand marshal and was a very good.

17. Chuckles_Douchet

Chuckles_Douchet New Member

I am so making one of these! But I am gonna fill it with popcorn!

18. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

just be sure you don't hit someone in the eye with a stray kernel.
    S.K.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. The NORMAL One

Red Skelton Festival and parade this year is July 15 2017. Vincennes In. Contact Anne Pratt 812-888-2105