1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clown "Go Bag"

Discussion in 'Props and Gags' started by Dizzy LaFizz, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Dizzy LaFizz

Dizzy LaFizz New Member

Does anyone keep a clown "go bag" of sorts in their car or office for those times when a few clowny gags or tricks can come in handy? I am thinking I would like to have just a few simple basics in a fun bag in my car for those times, but was hoping for some additional suggestions on what to add. I want to try to keep it to items that can handle being left in a vehicle in both heat and cold so that it doesn't turn into one more thing I have to remember! So far I am thinking spongeballs, stickers, color changing chips, mini change bag with scarves, thumb tip, giveaways (foam letters, free washer/dryer, rainbow seeds), breakaway wand, and of course a kazoo or two. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Guardsman

Guardsman New Member

Here you go XD

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dizzy LaFizz

Dizzy LaFizz New Member

That is awesome!

4. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Perhaps a towel, if you have the time to learn some towel origami.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

Dizzy - It was good to meet you at Moosecamp.

If you learn to juggle I'd add those props to the bag as well.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. tfraymond

tfraymond New Member

Don't forget your pockets - I typically keep a dozen balloons in my pockets to make a flower as a "thank you" for a waitress, or for whatever. I also keep 3 Chinese coins on me for doing a coin roll or simple magic trick ...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

I have a bag decorate in superhero stuff that's got two or three magic tricks, some juggling balls, superhero pins, and stickers. Also: don't underestimate the carrying capacity of a car trunk. That's where I have my shoes, my Hulk Hands, a squeaky hammer, and juggling pins.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Dizzy LaFizz

Dizzy LaFizz New Member

I'll try to post a pic when I get a chance. I have sponge balls, a string nose, a couple of magic tricks, stickers, an emergency rubber chicken, a small sock puppet, extra business cards, napkins, small giveaways (foam letters, grey hares, loops, small toys, etc.) and a few other things to play with in a small lion kid's backpack that I found on clearance at back to school time. No balloons due to weather, but I try to remember to grab some and a pump when I'm going out the door. If I ever get my plate spinning down or juggling, I have space for some balls and the plate.

9. Klinki the Clown

Klinki the Clown New Member

I drive a van and my props never leave the van - unless I have a show - that way I am always ready and it already gave me some great work and permanent new customers who book me until today.

What happened?: I was at a restaurant, planning just to have lunch. There were quite a few kids running around and the manager was quite angry and nervous as well. I just caught up a few words: clown - didn't show up - must think of something. I went to him and asked what happened and he told me that they booked a clown for a Kids-Party but he did not show up and now they have a problem. I told him that I am a Clown and my props are in my car - in 30 minutes I could be ready. Said and done! I cancelled my order for the moment, got my props ready and did a show. Everybody was happy. This happened about 8 years ago - and the restaurant books me until today a few times every year.

Yes - it is a good idea to have your props with you whenever you can !

• Thanks Thanks x 3