1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clown/circus movies and shows

Discussion in 'The Clown Café' started by KageTomari, Jan 10, 2015.

1. KageTomari

KageTomari prolific poster....

clown shows

The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald
    JoJo's Circus
    The Big Comfy Couch
    Little Clowns of Happytown
    The Bozo Show
    Bozo The World's Most Famous Clown ( the cartoon )

clown/circus movies

The Big Circus
    Cirque du Soleil Alegría the Film
    Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away
    The Little Engine That Could movies
    Kaleido Star Legend of Phoenix

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

There was also:
    Circus of the Stars
    Celebrity Circus (a reality show)

Or are you also thinking about individual series with episodes relating to clowns and circuses?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. KageTomari

g i never heard of those are they good?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

I loved watching Circus of the Stars when I was a kid! It was one of the reasons I wanted to be a clown when I grew up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circus_of_the_Stars

Celebrity Circus I didn't like very much. That was a show about different celebrities learning different circus skills each episode and then were eliminated if their performance was not very good.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Circus_%28U.S._TV_series%29

I remembered there was this film with clowns in it who represent misbehaving children. It's kind of "out there".
    It's called If Mirrors Could Speak.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfHl7ifBoQg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. KageTomari

do you know where i could watch circus of stars?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

There are some clips of the show on youtube.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. KageTomari

ok i look it up

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know if it counts, but has anyone seen Vulgar??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. KageTomari

i haven't whats it about?

10. Keekipoo

Keekipoo Active Member

Thank you for starting this thread! I've been wanting to find more clown and circus movies as opposed to all of the klown movies I've been saturated with. I know the dark, horror, and all out menacing klownz all too well. I wanna go back to the friendly, family fun and circus clowns again! I like them both, but there's been a lot of yin and just a little yang. Thanks for giving me more yang to search for! ^_^

11. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

What about Fellini films?

12. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

The simplest synopsis of Vulgar is that the story is about a young man who performs part-time as a clown, Flappy. He saves a young boy who is being held at gun point by his father, and from that Flappy becomes well known, and puts out DVDs of himself. This causes an earlier incident, where Flappy was assaulted and raped on video tape to come to light. Flappy then has to confront his tormentors.

So, yeah, not sure if it's what you're looking for.

13. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

14. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

There is another circus show I forgot about. Circus Boy starring a young Micky Dolenz.

15. Fritzie

Fritzie New Member

Also "Man On The Flying Trapeze", a documentary that starred author George Plimpton and shot on location at Clyde Beatty Cole Bros. Aired in 1971 on ABC.

16. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

No mention of "3 Ring Circus", huh? I saw it on YouTube some time ago, but it might have been taken down. (Though that is actually the only way to see it. It wasn't released on any other media.)

It's got Jerry Lewis in the role he was born to play: a clown. The guy mugs like crazy, I know, but when he's doing it in clown makeup, it makes sense. Also it's got Dean Martin singing Punchinello, which is pretty darned fantastic.

Another, more recent one is the documentary "Rize," directed by Dave Chappelle, which chronicles the beginnings of a dance style called "krumping." What does that have to do with clowns? Well, the style used to be called "clown dancing," and it was pioneered by one Tommy the Clown, a birthday clown.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  17. Olaf89

Olaf89 New Member

Dont know if this counts but I like IT! and season 4 of American Horror Story is circus themed .

18. Keekipoo

Keekipoo Active Member

If we were going for that, I have a nice list of scary clown movies. I thought this was for nicer clown movies, though....

19. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

I agree. Thanks for the recommendations, Olaf.

In the spirit of the original post, let's stick to un-scary clown movies. I'm not saying it's wrong to enjoy scary clown movies. It's just harder to come up with movies with a non-scary clown that ones with a scary clown (which I think most of us can name three of four of off hand).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

The movie Trading Mom has a clown in it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1