1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Pie in the Face

Discussion in 'Props and Gags' started by mikeclown, Dec 30, 2012.

1. mikeclown

mikeclown New Member

Hi

First of all Im new, Im mike. Have done very little clowning but would love to do more. I recently watched a friend have the privelidge of performing in a local circus show. My favorite bit was when at the end, as an honorary/trainee clown, they saw fit to deliver a pie sandwich to her face. Made me realise that this classic is my fav!

I have never been pied but i imagine in performance setting its lots of fun.

What are your views on it? Are there any long standing clowns here who have never had a pie to the face? Those that use them, are you precious about the impact they have .e.g. stick or splat etc?

Mike

2. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Welcome Mike, Glad to have another newbie,
    I realize this is gonna probably get me creamed literally but I have never been pied. Just from what I have been told it should be soap like shaving cream not literally whipping cream cause that can turn sour up your nose, and remember to keep your mouth closed.
    Sara K.

3. mikeclown

mikeclown New Member

thanks for the reply. so how long have you been clowning? is being pied part of it that you would like to try some day?

4. mikeclown

mikeclown New Member

hi thanks for your reply. So how long have you been clowning? Is being pied something on your to do list with it?

5. QT

QT New Member

How about a do- it- yourself job?:pie:

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  6. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

I don't want pie in my face. I don't want to get dirty.

• Groan Groan x 1
  7. Special K'z

If you meant that for me not long. See my start date here was June 2009. Not that I didn't dabble in in before then. I count that as my 'official' start date. I haven't been to many conventions or such. Just finally found an ally this summer so I guess it will probably be a coming. Not that it would be all that awful, I'm like Snoote, I won't rush it along. If it is part of a performance then fine. Otherwise I don't really see the point.
    Sara K.

8. Freckles McFinigin

Freckles McFinigin New Member

TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (terrified) THEY'RE JOINING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN I PIE* THIS ONE????? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEASE?????????????? (think six yr old axing for a cat)

*At a top secret joint meeting between all clowns and the Geneva Convent. The Ekeltrik Buzzzzzer was banned from use on newbies.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  9. Special K'z

Princess holds the keys to the pie safe! You got to ask her. You should know that by now Freckles!

Sara K.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Freckles McFinigin

Freckles McFinigin New Member

Sheesh! I'm only blond(I am)

Wait, are you saying we actually have the ability to virtualy pie members of this forum?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

11. Special K'z

Usually once a year unless it is unusual circumstances. Dont tell me you've missed it.

12. Ronny Ronito

Ronny Ronito New Member

I make pie casings from foam rubber, squirt on a little shaving cream, and I'm all ready

13. Plywood

Plywood New Member

I've never been pied either. I wouldn't be against it, but would like to know that it's coming.

14. Finney

Finney New Member

I had the opportunity to be pied this past November... here's what I learned:

*Close your eyes and mouth, scrunch up your face
    *BLOW OUT through your nose and mouth when the pie hits (keeps the soap from going up your nose)
    *SCOOP the foam out of your eyes BEFORE opening them.
    *Make sure to shower after the pies fly... if the soap dries on your skin and you don't rinse it off, you'll get all rashy.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. Special K'z

Well I got the nose thing covered then, cause I have the uncanny ability to block my nostrils with my upper lip (I told you I was orally gifted). Old lifeguard trick. Now the eyes may be a different story.
    Sara K.

16. Legs the Clown

Legs the Clown New Member

Oh Snoetje its a really uplifting feeling especialy for the kids,come on dont be a cad, try it out.

17. Jmarshall

Jmarshall New Member

Y not?lol u can use a seltzer bottle to get cleaned off or do something funny with a vacuum.