1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bozo the Clown Costume: Help!!!

Discussion in 'Costumes' started by foamy, Nov 21, 2016.

1. foamy

foamy New Member

Does anyone know where or how I can find a replica Bozo the Clown costume? They used to be readily available online but now...not so much.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!!

2. Curly Frye

Curly Frye Member

Hmmm. Perhaps at a magic shop. I tend to make my own. If you would like some tips on how to put together your own, let new know. I have a very old Bozo doll and I can use that as a example to help you get it worked out. Just let me know...

3. foamy

foamy New Member

Thank you! I grew up watching Bozo and there seem to be plenty of reference materials on the Internet...so that's not a worry. I'm just trying to figure out where to get one or how to make one. Ideas on crafting one?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Curly Frye

Curly Frye Member

If wanted to buy one you might Find one at a magic shop. Or you can check out bright colored suits at a big and tall shop. Buy a suit that is oversized and long on you. Suits from Chicago are more colorful. I will think on it more...

5. Curly Frye

Curly Frye Member

You could alter a suit Do the pant legs are very short. I'm going to ask my old friend Happy the Clown where He got his suit. I make my patterns from newspaper...

6. Curly Frye

Curly Frye Member

Fabric stores also might have patterns

7. Curly Frye

Curly Frye Member

www.hollywoodtoysandcostumes.com has your bozo the clown costume on the cheap. It costs $30. But the fabric is light weight. My suggestion to you is to buy the cheap version and take it to a tailor and have them make you a sturdier one. And if you don't have a nose, try www.proknows.com as they have great professional noses. Don't play around with an imitation when $30 will buy you a good prosthetic nose. I hope that helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. V

V Well-Known Member

You can find a "Larry Harmon's Bozo the Clown" McCalls pattern all over the internet for around $5. Buy that and take it to a skilled tailor. Don't skimp on your craftsman - if you do, you're likely just as well off buying the costume quality suit from party city or the likes...

• Thanks Thanks x 1