1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birthday Party Entertainment Thoughts - Article

Discussion in 'Party Clowning' started by Jeff the Magic Man, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Jeff the Magic Man

Jeff the Magic Man Active Member

Birthday Party Entertainment Thoughts

Hello Everyone!

Today I wanted to write an article about how the entertainment we provide for parties varies depending on the type of party it is.

In my mind, there are three types of birthday parties:

1. Parties that want you to be the main entertainment and will have all focus on you
    2. Parties where you are the entertainment for the children, but it is free flowing with people walking around and such.
    3. Parties where you are part of the entertainment, but there are other sources of entertainment going on (bounce houses, magicians, carnival games, etc).

It's also important to look at the needs of the client for these parties. For #1, they want you to put on the best show you can for everyone. They are putting the life of their party into your hands for a short time and it is up to you to deliver that.

for #2, the client wants to have some of their guests entertained and wants you to do that, but they do not want to unnaturally disrupt the flow of the party that is currently in progress (i.e. other groups of guests might be talking in another room or there might be a sports game on and the guys are watching it).

With #3, you are there to entertain groups/individuals who would like to be entertained and are not currently being entertained by another means. In this situation, it is best for individuals to come to you.

Each type has a style of entertainment that works best. For example, strolling entertainment would be a nice addition to a party as #3 describes, where as #1 would have more of a sit down type performance. There are many other types of parties and many more scenarios, but I find these three cover a lot of ground and are more commonly experienced.

Now that we've looked into some different types of parties, let's have a discussion about what entertainment we've found to work best in certain settings.

• Thanks Thanks x 1