1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

birthday parties

Discussion in 'Party Clowning' started by CheckerZ, Aug 9, 2012.

1. CheckerZ

CheckerZ New Member

So I'm in a pinch right now. I usually give out sponge clown noses at birthday parties, but I'm running low and just booked a last minute party for this weekend. Problem is, I don't have enough to give out at that party. Does anyone else give out things? I also was thinking since it can get expensive buying sponge clown noses, I would give my helpers during the magic show, birthday girl/guy, and someone else a nose but should the other kids get some junky 0.15 toy? What are your thoughts.

Any suggestions?

2. V

V Well-Known Member

For a free(ish) alternative to your clown nose give-away, I'd go with Michael Floyd's balloon mustache. (similar to Don Caldwell's but uses a 160 instead of a 321) - Floyd's uses a scrap of a 350 for a bulbous nose, but you could probably use a 5" round* as well - use red in whichever balloon you use and you essentially have a nose to give away and you're using balloons instead of buying a sponge to hand out. Instructions here.

[​IMG]

*The round takes over on very small kids (like my 4 y.o.); I'd go with the 350, or seriously underinflate the round.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  3. CheckerZ

CheckerZ New Member

I like the idea, but don't have any 160s right now.

4. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

Birthday kid gets a magic hat and wand to keep, as I do a comedy/magic show as part of my b-parties.

5. CheckerZ

CheckerZ New Member

I think what I have decided to do for now, is I purchased those disposable chef hats and I'll put a clown nose on my helper. The chef hat is for when I preform the last trick which is the dove pan with birthday cake routine. I'll put the nose on my helper and chef hat and then they will put 3 silks and a candle in the pan and then let the magic happen.

6. Do you use flash paper in the dove pan?

7. CheckerZ

CheckerZ New Member

I do not use flash paper because I put the silks in the pan, and I don't know if they would catch on fire or not.

8. i wouldnt risk it. silks are very thin and delicate. dont do it