1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bathroom humor

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by Shoestring, Apr 20, 2009.

?

Bathroom Humor

1. I thought it was funny when I was a kid, but not now.

7.4%
  2. I always thought it was funny, still is.

33.3%
  3. I think it's not funny, but it's okay to use.

13.0%
  4. I think it's not funny and it's not okay to use.

5.6%
  5. I think it's funny but I wouldn't use it.

18.5%
  6. I think it's funny and I tell bathroom jokes.

25.9%
  7. I don't know what bathroom humor is.

1.9%
  8. I like to click all the options.

22.2%
  9. *fart noise*

38.9%
  10. Poll option 9 has offended me.

3.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shoestring

Shoestring New Member

Is it funny? When is it funny? Why is it funny? Do you employ it?

2. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

It is deffinitely funny! all the time! because i am a boy and have the mind of a 15 year old. and yes i do! :D

• Laugh Laugh x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

I love bathroom humor. Once I was at a clown conference in Kentucky. John Spears (the clown shoemaker) was there, and one of his sons was selling remote control fart machines. I was so impressed with them, that I bought his entire stock and had him mail me a few more. Everybody on my Christmas list received fart machines that year, including me.

• Laugh Laugh x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Violet

Violet Well-Known Member

The only problem I see with bathroom humor is keeping it clean!

• Laugh Laugh x 5
  5. Lolly Plop

Lolly Plop New Member

I don't use it when I clown. but do use it when I'm a real person. When I was a nurse, I would have an enema bottle in each pocket. I'd pull them out like they were six shooters, twirl them, and proclaim, "I'm the enema fairy."

• Laugh Laugh x 14
  6. StitchesTheClown

StitchesTheClown New Member

*snickers at the word bathroom and Lolly's joke*

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  7. Fifi D. Clown

Fifi D. Clown Well-Known Member

It definitely has it's place: for 6-9 year old boys!
    Farts are always funny. Same with booger jokes.
    Sometimes it's not appropriate.

8. StitchesTheClown

*flicks a boogie at Fifi and giggles*

• Laugh Laugh x 3
  9. Shoestring

Shoestring New Member

I taught a room full of kids how to make fart noises with a straw and their elbow.......they thought it was great.

• Laugh Laugh x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Lolly Plop

Lolly Plop New Member

How do you make a fart sound with a straw and an elbow?

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  11. CHOPPER

CHOPPER New Member

OK.. LETS LOOK AT THIS WITH A QUESTION ON MY BROW...Hmmmm LOLLY PLOP, BATHROOM...YEAH.. BATHROOM HUMOR IS GOOD... I WANT THAT NAME SO I CAN USE JUST THAT...NOW...PICKLES...THIS YEAR SINCE I AM ON YOUR FREINDS LIST.. I WANT ONE OF THOSE MACHINES...OHHHHHH.. CHOPPER CAN SEE SO MUCH FUN WITH THAT... ANY KIND OF HUMOR IS GOOD. IF IT IS USED IN THE RIGHT WAY...KNOW YOUR CROWD...AND WHEN IN DOUBT....DONT

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  12. StitchesTheClown

like this *blows the straw and steps on a whoopie cushion while flapping his elbows like a chicken*

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  13. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I think that poking fun at anything which is "human" is fair game. All the more so when it is something that we tend to try to keep a bit hidden. The irony of being so absolutely open strikes a nerve which is absurdist, thus tickling the funny bone.

That said, I'm not a fan of "Bathroom humor" for its own sake or just to be grotesque and banal. It has a proper place as satire. Kept in check or even employed in an over the top way of being so entirely outrageous as to shift the comedic aspect to the wackiness of something that just won't stop, bathroom humor is a genuine endeavor in humourifics. Just being sick and dirty because you can isn't funny, though. It's lame and uncouth, even icky.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
  14. SCOOP

SCOOP Ace Reporter

when you say bathroom humor i assumed dirty jokes i don't use them when i clown but use to be a bartender in anotherlife and that is what got me the tips when all the girls ahd to do was bat thier eyes and flirt i know it is sexist but that was life in the bar

15. CHOPPER

CHOPPER New Member

It doesnt mean nasty jokes...or dirty...thats the line..in the sand, there are tons of things you can say that are a little risque" but you dont want to say something that would be inappropriate in the wrong setting...or at times in mixed company. Wether it is with women or with kids around..or a very devote christian...hey.. You can make a joke about someone being over weight and hurt someones feeling or be offensive.. Then.. There are people like don rickles that can get away with anything.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. CHOPPER

CHOPPER New Member

Tim.. I think we are both on the same page.. Just saying it a little different..

17. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

There's also a clever way of doing something which may be considered somewhat "blue" without just getting outright dirty and stinking nasty. One doesn't have to be explicit or exhibitionist or use all kinds of language. A wink of the eye and a raised eyebrow can go much further in making a clever joke and causing a bit of thought or recognition. Think Groucho Marx or W.C. Fields. The kind of pause which says nothing but everything that Jack Benny was a master practitioner of, likewise, carries significant punch.

Yet sometimes a certain degree of open honesty in "telling it like it is" also can be both hilarious and refreshing. Still, too much of a thing...

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  18. Simply Knute

ok so after being here at convention for this short time... I have decided i have a new hero in the "adult clowning" area.. Jim Howle out of makeup is a hoot!! hes so funny but uses alot of innuendo its awesome for the 15 year old mind i have! lol

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Goober

Goober Grand Nutcase of Clowning

Being surrounded by a constant circle of immaturity, I hear a lot of just plain wrong jokes. And, admittedly, I've told a few myself in a pinch. If a joke goes south, an inuendo can remedy that awkward silence. It's not something to focus on, since farts and poop and all that can only get you so far, and even teenage boys find it old hat after a while. I'd rather focus on more clean material and, while I personal don't have a taste for it, use the bathroom stuff only as a last resort. I honestly see how the word "poop" can make a teenager so happy, but hey, that's high school for you.

• Laugh Laugh x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Simply Knute

hehehe he said poop!!

• Laugh Laugh x 10