1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balloons

Discussion in 'Balloon Sculpture' started by Punkin, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Let's see if this attaches.........did this after I met weight lifter this past week.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

I like those they remind me of professional wrestlers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Yea........I worked at a fitness center last week..........these guys came out from a work out and I thought.....how cool.......maybe I could make a muscle guy........and there they are! The fitness center went crazy!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Trying to attach a balloon

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

There it is! Monster High Girl!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Lalaoopsy!

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Another one!

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

We're getting close to fall.......my favorite time of the year.......oooooo......lots of fall clown jobs in the nice, cool, colorful, fall weather......but anyways.....here's a scarecrow I did for an event last October.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      81.3 KB
      Views:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Balloon flowers!

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. TinmanJones

TinmanJones New Member

Punkin, what baloons are you using for these?
    Thanks for any help.

11. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Tinman.......I use Qualatex ............. I don't know how much you know about balloons, but I'll be happy to give you some help. Right now, I'm getting ready to do a bunch of jobs......they all seem to come on the same day! Hahahaha.........I'll be back later tonight if you want to chat or feel free to ask questions!

12. TinmanJones

TinmanJones New Member

Thanks for the response Punkin.
    I know nothing about baloons except what I read from you guys/gals here or from google.
    But, I figure if you're creating these masterpieces, then they would be good baloons for me to learn to tie w/.
    I've not twisted a single baloon yet.
    This is all new to me. So you guys/gals are my instructors.
    Thanks again.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Hey there Tinman.........Question for you.......do you have a VCR? Yep.....an old mode of entertainment, but if you do, I have some cool vids that I could send to you to get you started.

14. TinmanJones

TinmanJones New Member

Aw thanks Punkin, but no. LOL

Sweet of you though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Keekipoo

Keekipoo Active Member

YouTube has tons of balloon twisting videos! I learned what I've done so far from them. :D One guy even has numbered instructional videos! Hope that helps some.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. TinmanJones

TinmanJones New Member

Keeipoo, that was my plan.
    I've watched a few, just need to get myself some balloons.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Keekipoo

Keekipoo Active Member

Tinman, for cheap practice, Kroger and Walmart sell twisting balloons. I'm sure Qualatex is loads better, but those are good for first-time practice. Just so you don't go wasting the pricier balloons when they don't quite work out.

Unless you're gonna practice somewhere you can just give them away to anyone without worrying about the misshapen first tries. I dunno, I'm a sucker for not wasting the good stuff. Plus, the ones from Kroger are biodegradable. :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Any Party supply place has the cheapo balloons and a pump combo for practice but if your going to be doing them for the real world definetly get the good Qualatex ones. Happy viewing on You Tube they have some great artist on there and like all things some not so great instructors.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Donuts is right........a place like Party City has cheap balloons you can practice with. Look up Buster Balloon on youtube.........he's a great start......has some cool stuff.........If you need any help.........just ask!

20. Keekipoo

Keekipoo Active Member

Kroger balloons are cheaper. And biodegradable, so you can practice in your backyard or something and who cares where they go? They're fine! :) Just saying. Be good to the Earth so the Earth can be good to you!

• Thanks Thanks x 1