1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good walk around gags?

Discussion in 'Skit and Improv' started by Anonymous, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Fantastic stuff here! Me and a couple other performers are doing a street act walk around tonight to develop some characters. These have been really helpful. I'm just about to burn a playing card for RD's bit. So much to choose from!

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  2. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

That is one of my favorite walkarounds.

3. Sassy Frass

Sassy Frass New Member

I Love CLown Forum!!! Great Ideas, Just wish they were mine!!:):):)

4. Zippy Zoo

Zippy Zoo New Member

Man! You guys crack me up!

5. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

8-11, 5-11... has this thread come full term?

6. Zippy Zoo

Zippy Zoo New Member

This is probably the singularly most useful thread I've come across, yet! And I've found some good ones!

Has anybody tried any of the old-fashioned ones? Like the guy with the lawn mower chasing the girl in the grass skirt? Every time she's seen again, her skirt is shorter and shorter. Soon she's wearing a bikini and the mower is full! Or the woman with the baby who stops to look at every man and back at her baby? I was just wondering what kind of reaction these got.
    Some of the old-fashioned ones are equally hilarious. If I haven't heard it, it's new to me!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  7. jinglestheclown

jinglestheclown Active Member

I'm working on a big cartoony box camera...prop section

JiNgLeS

8. Alek the clown DK

Alek the clown DK New Member

what about a cream pie in a peoples face thats a classic one:pieface:

• Laugh Laugh x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Pinky B. Zany

Pinky B. Zany New Member

I don't know if anyone has suggested this one or not (I haven't read all nine pages yet). I learned it from The Marx Bros. You have a deck of cards and you walk up to a spectator and ask them to pick a card. They automatically think you're going to show them a trick. When they pick a card tell them, "Keep it. Don't worry, I have 51 left!" This also works in reverse, if someone is trying to do a "pick a card" trick for you, pick one and stick it in your pocket, tell them thanks and walk away. :eek:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  10. Sugar

Sugar New Member

I'm going to be doing my first "thing" It's a combination parade and then I'll do some walk around....how many gags do you think I should have prepared for 1 full day of fair type stuff??

11. Lilly_A_Clown

Lilly_A_Clown New Member

Ideas

I had an Idea for a gag. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas how I can pull it off or if it has been done before. My friend was talking about a 10 K run and I though that would be a great thing for a parade. K K K K K K K K K K and then special K. Anyone care to put in their two cents?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  12. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

That could be funny like a large train of foam letter K's on rollers that you pull behind you. You would be in a joggers outfit (clown type of course) with your sign 10 K run. The last one could be a giant box of Special K on rollers connected to the K line.
    That could be cute but may take some doing. If you can find old roller skates or use the wheels from skate boards attached to a small board and the letters K could be attached to the board bases somehow. The big Special K box could just be a regular box correct shape and size and painted with the special K logo copy facsimile. It might be easier to pull a 5 K run behind you rather than trying to keep all 10 from getting tipped over or tangled up. But that, Lilly, is a cleaver idea. I may have to try this one out for our next year summer parade. We always have a 5K and 10K run. Our town would totally get this now to go about finding a comic joggers outfit.
    Sara K.

13. BlossomTheClown

BlossomTheClown New Member

You could pin big foam Ks on your outfit (make it a clown jogging suit) or string the Ks on a long string with you and another clown holding each end ... taking the 10 Ks out for a run.

14. Special K'z

Or the last clown could be the giant Special K box. Yeah! I LIKE it.
    thanks,
    Sara K.

15. Flutterz

Flutterz New Member

Here is a cute idea that I use for giveaways... mini clothespins with a small washer stuck in it (where it opens)... A Washer & Dryer

You just tell someone you have something for them, a new washer & dryer. Someone came in to where my hubby works and gave him one. He suggested I make some to carry with me and everyone loves them. Some of the younger people don't get it, maybe they have never seen a clothespin before? Who knows.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  16. Special K'z

[​IMG]
    [FONT=&quot]Hillbilly Bubble Bath[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Eat one serving and wait one hour [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]then bath as usual. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]For more bubbles double serving [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]and wait 2 hours[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
    Don't know it this will show up but here is what I put together and pasted to a small can of Pork and Beans.
    Thanks for the great idea.
    Sara K.
    Here's the link for the pic. sorry It didn't work. http://www.lighthouserecords.com/dublill.png

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Dusty B

Dusty B Hobo Clown At Large

I've seen the same thing. Was given one once and was told it was a "Hillbilly washer and drier." Thought it was great. I've passed it along to a couple of my mentor clowns since their backstory is that their from a small Appalachian town. They loved the idea.

My guess why the younger people don't get it is that they might not understand the small metal donut thingy is called a "washer". Could also be they don't know what clothespins were for.

hmmm... wonder if a cell phone with a rotary dial would be a funny prop?

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  18. Special K'z

Another gag I planned to do at the county fair this last week but never had a crowd of kids stay around for long. I planned to do a patter about making Hobo Stew. I had a yellow kitchen towel in one of my pockets and I planned to ask the audience what could we use to make Hobo Stew and then each time they said something I would pretend add it to the pot. You could use a five gallon bucket as your pot with the words Hobo Stew painted on the side. I would lead them first to say onion and then pull out the towel pretend to cry. Then after each addition get the kids to say the chant:
    Doubling bubbling, boiling brew
    Stir me up a batch of that Hobo Stew ( mimic stirring)
    As they say things use that time to start rolling the yellow towel and at the end of the gag. Say they forgot the best part: The chicken and pull the towel out to make a chicken.
    Here is a link of how to make a towel chicken You tube video. YouTube - Tea towel chicken
    If anybody says chicken early on you would have to be fast rolling up the towel but it is pretty easy to do and you could I guess end the gag there. Or you could pre roll the towel and put it in your pocket ready to go. Then just skip the onion part.
    The last line is O.K. everyone eat. When your through I'll wash but you have to dry and unfold the towel and hand to someone near by.
    I was going to couple this with a few chicken songs: Comin Round the Mountain and It Ain't gonna rain no more.
    Sara K.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  19. Happy Chappy & Daisy

Happy Chappy & Daisy Well-Known Member

I love the tea towel chicken - one of my favorite gags!

20. Annie Jokely

Annie Jokely New Member

Thanks, y'all! I just did my first walkaround at a school carnival. From this thread I used shoe shine; angel in a box (I used my swivel compact mirror) and mixed it up with devil/imp in a box, if I could tell it would do well (i.e., with mom, teen friends, etc.); and I also juggled. Fellow clown showed up with a foam hot dog all leashed up!