1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good walk around gags?

Discussion in 'Skit and Improv' started by Anonymous, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Does anyone have any good walk around gags that I would be able to use in a county fair setting??

Thanks..........Punkin

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Act like you are giving away helium balloons, but just have the balloon tied to your finger with a string hanging out the bottom of your hand. when people grab the string you walk away with the balloon and put another string in your hand.

Walk around with a flashlight offering free shoe shines, when someone says yes you shine the light on their shoes. This is even more effective at night.

Go around announing that you have free donut seeds, then pass out fruit loops.

Looney Ballooney

• Thanks Thanks x 6
    • Laugh Laugh x 2
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Thanks Looney!!!!! Those are great walk arounds! I always have trouble thinking up things to do in a fair setting with so many kids there! Those should work great!!!! Thanks so much!
    Punkin

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

How about getting some all in one underwear and walking around looking for your clothes ( keep your big shoes on)

5. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

get several cards on one have the word 'BEST' written add a long string and let it hang out of your pocket, then get some one to pul it out and tell them 'you bring out the best in me'; There are several card gags, "do you want to see something?" and pull out a card with something, you and also have, something else and nothing on cards , your can incorporate you business cards "do you want to see my card?" and have cards with My Card, My Old Card , My new card, then give them your real card. great to drag out in front of a small crowd and easily carried.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

My favorites include a box that says "DANGER! Baby Rattlers and when you open it there are baby rattles inside.
    I do the balloon giveaway idea with a vase of flowers and hand them the pipecleaner stem and when I walk away, the bloom stays on my finger! It goes over very well. I also put a squeaker in my glove so as I'm letting go of the stem a squeak is heard which always gives the recipient a surprise!
    Another is a box with "My Toyota" printed on it. When opened, you see a toy Yoda. I found that the best source for Yoda is E-Bay. If you can find a Pizza Hut Yoda Cup it works great. I redressed the cup with a fabric robe to make it look more like a toy than a cup. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

Watch your local thrift store for a small suitcase, Attach a clear plastic sleeve (office supply store 8 1/2 by 11 size) with contact cement. You can now put a new sign in for different walk arounds. Signs can be made on your computer or out of construction paper. A couple of my favorites are the best seat in the house, (show a toilet seat) offer people a chance to have the best seat in the house. Or get an old plate and Hot glue an ear of corn (dried, the kind ofter sold for squirrel feeders.)Make a sign that says free chicken dinner and go around hawking it. Baby rattler and my "toy yoda" works well with this also.
    The idea behind the reusable case simple, It takes less room to haul one case (which could hold all you walkaround props loose) Than several cases with a different prop in each one. Put velcro in the case to hold things down.

Another great one for parades is the neck tie salesmen. A 1"by 2" piece of wood attached to a handle so it looks like a big "T". Drill holes across the top and attach lengths of clothesline or nylon rope tied off as nooses (why not, that's what a tie feels like) them take foam board and make a sandwich board (goes over your front and back) that says Neck Tie salesmen...

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Binky

Binky New Member

A good walkaround for two clowns is to clothespin a rabbit by it's ears to a rope and carry it around for a Hare Dryer!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  9. BIPS

BIPS New Member

" Go around announing that you have free donut seeds, then pass out fruit loops. "

Looney Ballooney

That's a great idea! I'm gonna give that one a try this Saturday. I got a small paper bag, and I'm trying to decide if I should label it or just give them out as the kids come to get balloons. I even thought about putting them inside the see through balloons as part of a toy maybe.

Any other suggestions?

I also like the one about giving the balloons away with the string separate from the balloon tied to your finger. What happens if the same kid comes back to you for the balloon? Do you go ahead and make another one for him? What would you say about the first one tied to your finger?

Thanks!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Gilbert

Gilbert New Member

Portrait Artist Gag

I like to go around with an oversize pencil and a large pad. I offer people free portraits and as I draw I keep putting my thumb out as if I were measuring the person against it. I then draw a simple picture of my thumb, hand it to the person and move on.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Laugh Laugh x 2
  11. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

Same line a Gilbert, you had draw a picture of U.
    Play it up "I gonna draw a picture of you... the best picture of you can do.........etc"

• Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  12. Gilbert

Gilbert New Member

I like the U variation. I'd like to try that sometime.

13. Scruffy

I saw one today that would be cute for parades, fairs and such,. It involved a large foam disposable razor (Think Bic type) with a sign that said shave the whales :D

• Laugh Laugh x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Gilbert

Gilbert New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Love it Scruffy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. mr_buckaroo

mr_buckaroo New Member

another good walk around is to make a oversized camera with a place in back that you can put a bunch of pictures or drawings (stick figures ,animals ect.)and go around taking pictures of ppl pull one out from the back of the camera and give it to them

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  16. Scruffy

Another goog suitace gag is the morning paper. Cut a piece wood Think scrap paneling, and old dresser drawer bottom.something light and thin.Then cut it to fit snugly in the case. Attatch a cheap toilet paper holder, wall mount tpye and hand a roll of TP on it. Walk around and ask people if they have seen the morning paper yet....

Then show it took them :wink:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. ashes

ashes New Member

Give away foam letters - there are some great puns:

"B" Would you like a freebie?
    "I" Someone gave me a black eye (black foam)
    "P" Use a tube and make a "pea shooter"
    "X" use a feather duster to make a clean-x (KleenX)
    "V" Gravy (grey foam)

There are others I can't remember off the top of my head.

You can use a Sizzx machine to die-cut the letters (do a web search on Sizzx)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  18. ashes

ashes New Member

One of our clowns came up with:

(Make a bouquet of long-stemmed NOSES - using pipe cleaners and foam clown noses)

Push a cart with a sign that reads:

"One dozen Long Stemmed Noses
    Picked Fresh Just For You"

I figure you could do the same gag with the stem that breaks away as you
    pretend to give one to a spectator...

Here I am giving away our best ideas =(

19. Scruffy

Get a large foam ring (used to make holiday wreaths) Big enough to easily go over your head .And Nose! This is the voice of experence talking :? Attach a foam "Jewel" cover in papier Mache (for strength) and paint Gold and then paint the jewel any color you want. Wear it around your neck.

Make a sign that says ring around the collar. Or, ask people if the ever have this problem? You know, Ring around the collar :lol:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  20. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

Foam letters
    don't forget
    Brown E's
    Black I's
    Green P's
    to add to your list, get lots of laughs with the brown E's, especiallly at the hospital.
    Bible there's alway the red C, Black C, Dead C. etc.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Laugh Laugh x 1