1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any classes in VA

Discussion in 'Party Clowning' started by msraven, Nov 20, 2011.

1. msraven

msraven New Member

Hello everyone,

I've looked high and I've looked low. I've Googles, Binged, Asked, and Yahoo-ed. Still I can't find a Clown course in Richmond, Va. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

2. V

V Well-Known Member

Not in Richmond but within a reasonable drive (couple hours +/-) is Leon McBryde's Advanced Studies camp. Not sure when the next one is coming, but they generally run in 3 year groupings. The last one was cancelled/postponed due to a family illness but Leon may have plans to put a new Advanced Studies camp on. It'd be worth giving him or Linda a call to find out for sure.

3. msraven

msraven New Member

Thank you so much for the information, I'll be sure to look into it.

4. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

The Circus Magic Convention is in Williamsburg in February 2012.

Circus Magic
    February 23-26, 2012
    Holiday Inn Patriot 3032 Richmond Road
    Williamsburg, VA 23185
    http://www.circusmagicconvention.com/

Presented by Steve Kissell. Bringing Education Excellence to the Performing Arts! Come Celebrate, Laugh, and Learn at Clown Jamboree on their 19th Birthday with the special theme of: Tribute to the Wizard of OZ!

Richmond, VA has one of the oldest active COAI alleys in the US. They hosted the annual COAI convention in 2008 and will host it again in 2013. I am sure they will be able to help you find the training you require. http://www.clownalley3.com/

5. msraven

msraven New Member

Thank you for the information Sir Toony. I've emailed the Alley in my area and so far no response, but I will keep trying.

6. Jodie

Jodie New Member

If you go to the Circus Magic Convention I am sure you will come away with lot of information. I think Steve Kissell is a great person to learn from.
    I just attend the Kentucky Clown Derby there was a lot there that I had already seen, but it reminded me of some things I had forgotten about that I would like to try.