1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Democrat Candidate! Yay!!

Discussion in 'Political Jokes' started by Pookie, Jul 1, 2015.

1. V

V Well-Known Member

Democrat side is a mess lately. I'd be surprised if Hillary ends with the nomination, but if she does, I think the general election should be competitive now because she's suffered quite a bit of damage. It's interesting how she's handling this and I think she's doing a poor job. She needs to be more personable for her to pull her current strategy off and sexist or not, she's coming across as an arrogant bitch more than someone confident that she hasn't done anything wrong. Before the flames come in, I realize obviously, that there may be a sexist tone to that reasoning yet, I wouldn't had been surprised in Bill had gone through something similar if he could've talked himself out of it by now just because he was more likable (I hate that this isn't spelled likeable, it just looks odd...). Surprising on some counts that it's all spiraled so quick for her, but also not surprising on other accounts. The Democrat field was so small, and arguably still is, that Clinton was getting a lot of votes because 1.) Bill & 2.) She was really the only person on the ticket.

Sanders numbers are misleading in that his numbers aren't necessarily climbing so much as Hillary's are dropping. While I like a lot of his social ideas I can't see myself voting for him if he were to win the nomination. He has no balance in that everything about him is way left. I'd mentioned in an earlier post about Roe/Wade and essentially I'd need a candidate's policies to balance heavy towards the positive side in my good/bad scenarios and Sanders leans the other way. If the election were today in Sanders v/ Trump, I'd oddly, find myself likely voting for 'The Donald.' (I don't believe in write in or 3rd party voting if their isn't a legitimate chance for the candidate to compete or win).

The Republicans are equally chaotic for the opposite reason in that there are just too many of them still. Looking forward to the next debates and the crowd thinning. There hasn't been too much of a chance since my last long post on them to write anything else - I'll save that for post-debate #2.

Like Pookie, I wouldn't be surprised if our next president isn't in the race yet but that is obviously speculation - all of it really and we could be looking at Clinton v Bush in a few months.

2. Clown_Austin316

Clown_Austin316 New Member

I often pontificate with my father upstairs (upstairs, not in heaven, no praying or anything outside of Sundays!) about the democrats, which we both have agreed are quite a joke in themselves! ha ha ha!

That Chris Christie fellow sure is a rotund one though--wouldn't mind slowly mushing a pie in that visage! I say!!

3. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Donald Trump was recently asked if he knew the names of several terrorist group leaders and the affiliation of these various terrorist groups with each other. This, it seems, was intended to show Mr. Trump's inability to be President of the United States.

So, if Madame Secretary Rodham Clinton were asked the same questions, would she be able to provide a correct answer?

4. Grandpa Weatherbie

Grandpa Weatherbie Well-Known Member

Mr. Trump may not be the sharpest political candidate and he is by far not the dullest.