1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Democrat Candidate! Yay!!

Discussion in 'Political Jokes' started by Pookie, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

In case you missed it today, another Democrat Party candidate for the President of the United States was announced today. Yes, New Jersey's own, Governor Chris Christie has thrown his hat in the ring.

First Jeb Bush and now Chris Christie. Looks like Madame Secretary Rodham Clinton may have some competition!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. V

V Well-Known Member

The field is so crowded currently that it's hard to have more than minimal interest. Hopefully they start thinning out soon, or at least provide some gaff/viral footage to make it more interesting.

I think Christie would have done much better if the election was a year or two ago when he had some momentum on his side. He's slowly made his way back to a punchline rather than the contender he could have been back then..

3. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

When did Bush and Christie switch parties?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. V

V Well-Known Member

I think that's more "humor." Neither of them seem to be Tea Party lunatics, birthers, truthers, or preppers so they may have a shred of intelligence and a willingness not to go on cable news channels acting like angry idiots screaming about things that aren't true, so they don't really align with the far right these days. To be a conservative candidate you have to be a Ted Cruz type - angry at everything and screaming about how unconstitutional everything is - despite laws passing the house, senate, president's desk, and finally the SCOTUS.

I can't wait for debate season - comedy is thin on TV these days.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

I hate it when some one refers to politicians as that clown . We are artist,entainers,smart,creative and way better any politicians ! L O L or just laugh

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Oh, V... You think that you have it correct. But you're breaking way before the plate.

Jeb Bush has stated that he would win the nomination without getting the votes of the Republican Party base, which would leave him with... who to vote for him?

Governor Christie's announcement centered around compromising with the Democrat Party. And compromise with the Democrat Party is that you do what the Democrat Party wants, and you get nothing in return.

Both candidates have also championed ideas and policy positions of the Democrat Party. And both have taken quite a bit of time tearing at the other Republican Party candidates in the same manner as the Democrat Party.

So, you can see why they are perfect Democrat Party candidates...

• Groan Groan x 1
  7. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

Yesterday at parade ( I was clowning around ) I was ask what office running for. The person thought me being a Clown would be better then any one else who trying to get elected. L O L

8. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Hey two more and we unlock Sub-Zero.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. azzy

azzy Yes, We Have No Bananas

When a Bush isn't right-wing enough and Christie isn't corrupt enough to be supported by the republican base I think they might have some problems.

10. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Like they may really, really fit in with the Demimonde Party..?

11. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Actually, there is a slightly ulterior motive in posting this.

I thought that you guys might be smart and insightful enough to get it. But, I may have been wrong...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I'd really love to see a Bernie Sanders - Donald Trump matchup.... just for the entertainment value of it.

That said..... watch for Democratic candidate Willie Wilson, who ran for Chicago mayor, a fiscal conservative Democrat who offers a prayer of benediction as his closing statement in every interview and debate. He's the gift that just keeps on giving.

13. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

I recently saw a news report about Republican's running for President.

For a moment I wasn't sure if I was seeing the Republican Party candidate field or a Duggar family reunion...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with Jeb Bush is that he is only half as smart as his brother and twice as boring as his father.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Mongo The Clown

Mongo The Clown Active Member

Help me understand.

Every fiber of my being is screaming at me to not get into a political discussion because that's the quickest way to turn people into angry, blathering lunatics. But I'm going into this with good intentions and no ill will. So let's all be adults about this. Well as much as clowns can be adults. ANYhooo....

Help me understand why someone would ever support Hillary Clinton given all the overt deception and constant scandal she's been a part of going all the way back to 1974. Let's not insult anyone's intelligence by discounting over 40 years of at the LEAST questionable and unethical behavior and if we're to believe a fraction of what her closest people say, at worst a scheming, lying, corrupt criminal. I'm not saying this to be inflammatory. Let's not pretend that in the polls, even Democrats aren't saying she's the least honest and trustworthy person in the race. All that said'

WHY the loyalty to Hillary Clinton? SURELY there's more likeable and trustworthy people to get behind out there.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  16. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

I trying to remain neutral on this subject but Trumps is a hypocrite half the things he says and does like calling POW's non hero's or giving out other peoples phone numbers and calling them idiots, if anyone else had done this to him he would have threatened to sue them besides that he's the bigger idiot for thinking that comb over is fooling anybody he's also a hothead who would rush to pushing the button whenever Putin upsets him causing them to launch as well thus causing the Apocalypse.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  17. Mongo The Clown

Yea, you're not going to get any argument out of me about Trump. He's a cartoon. But I really want to know why or HOW people trust Hillary enough to back her candidacy.

18. V

V Well-Known Member

Test - Name a politician from any party that you would rank as honest and trustworthy...

Trump is making news but to be fair, who the hell else does the Republican party have to toss into the Presidential race? So far we have...

Donald Trump leading the polls. He's loud but evidently, he's moving the Republican base because he's significantly ahead in the polls at present. (Waiting to see the next round after the POW comments)

Jeb Bush is another Bush whether or not that should be used in judgement, it's still the case. I think we're still too close to the Iraq war issues for the people to put Bush III in the house. I can't think off the top of my head anything that he's done that is favorable, but if I lived in his state I may. Just like his brother, he's done a lot to force standardized testing in the education system. Neither good nor popular.

Scott Walker. Had he not been in the battle vs. Unions I'm not sure anyone outside of Wisconsin would know who he is. He actually seems to be a decent Republican nominee, but I don't know that he wouldn't lose to Clinton by double digits.

Marco Rubio - Climate change denier, repeal the ACA obsession, and the fact that his own party doesn't seem to like him much. No chance of winning the White House.

Ted Cruz - Wow... that's even before we discuss Tea Party lunacy. No chance of winning the White House.

Ben Carson - If you had need of a neurosurgeon you may have known who he was before his speech against the ACA. The rest of us didn't... Maybe a good guy, but I don't know that I'd want him as my President and I think he has no chance of winning the White House.

Carly Fiorina - I don't know much about her and that right there - No name recognition - isn't a good thing to have when you're running for President. When searching for her, one of the top articles is titled: "The Rise & Fall Of Carly Fiorina" from back in 2005. That's probably not a good tag line to have prior to seeking office. Going out on a limb and calling her chances at winning the White House at 0%.

Chris Christie - He peaked too early. No chance he's becoming President. He's been in the news a lot these last few years - everyone knows his baggage so I won't rekindle it here. Next...

Rick Perry - next...

Rick Santorum - Third time isn't the charm for this guy either when it comes to seeking the White House. Next...

Rand Paul - If this were a 2 person crazy fight between him and Cruz, he might stand a chance. At becoming President... 0%.

George Pataki - No real name recognition nationally. Dated education and social policies. No chance at winning the White House.

John Kasich - No national recognition despite a prior Presidential bid. No party support. No chance at winning.

Mike Huckabee - Another repeat offender in regards to running for President. Out of touch socially and all ready down double digits in vs. Hillary poll scenarios. Another limb - you're probably not going to reach many moderate or independent voters if you're a present or past Fox News employee. Polarizing and unpopular generally. No chance at winning the White House.

Lindsey Graham - Dated and unpopular views in regards educational, environmental, and social concerns. Trump publishing his contact info was the most PR Graham has gotten in a long time. Not winning the White House.

Bobby Jindal - Has a pretty poor record Governing. I'm really not sure how this guy's hat even got thrown in the ring - other than the fact that it seems like everyone is literally, running for President - He's not winning the White House.

Not much better on the Democrat side...

Martin O'Malley - Literally, 0% chance of winning... Title of news bearing his name "Martin O’Malley Gets Zero Votes in 2016 Poll"

Lincoln Chafee - his news is somehow worse than O'Malley's... "The numbers, released Wednesday, show that the percent of people who say they’d back the little-known Chafee for the Democratic nomination stood at zero in both June and July."

Jim Webb - is 4th in poll numbers behind Hillary, Sanders, and Biden. 4th isn't bad right? Biden hasn't even declared yet and isn't likely to run. So 4th kind of sucks if you're losing to someone (by double digits) who probably isn't going to even run.

Bernie Sanders - is making a lot of noise among the really liberal as well as younger crowds. He's second to Hillary Clinton which isn't bad right? Unfortunately, it is when you're trailing by 40%.

Hillary Clinton - let's be honest. She's the Democratic nominee - hands down. Realistic expectations is that she goes on to win the White House.

Ironic as it is, since so many Republicans are hating on Trump, he may be the best person for the job in regards to taking on Hillary. He's arrogant enough for the job and doesn't seem like the type to back away from a fight and that's what the election is going to be. He has name recognition (obviously) that isn't tied to politics and that seems to be what the current appeal is towards him. His arrogance, might also be his undoing is he can't reign himself in a bit. While his "tell it as he sees it" bravado is winning right now; he needs some sort of filter (as seen by the POW debacle). Trump's made the race on the right interesting at least. Before him it was a few Tea Party nuts mixed in with a bunch of conservative carbon copies of each other. I don't know how long his talking points will go on, but really - he's the only candidate that people are talking about, so in a "all news is good news" sort of way - he's knocking it out of the park.

19. Mongo The Clown

That was a lot to read. But I'm no closer to understanding the left's devotion to Hillary. OK, they're all asshats, but WHY do so many people pretend Hillary is an asshat deserving of their devotion.

20. V

V Well-Known Member

As messed up as it is... I think the notion of voting on personal trust simply doesn't exist in real world scenarios in regards to voter/politician relationships. It's naive to think that an office holder is out for the common man when there are so many obstacles in the way of that happening. One really - money - but in many forms (Lobbyists, political action groups, etc)...

I'm not a straight line voter and my voting history is published in threads that are political on this forum. For the most part, I would label myself as a left leaning moderate/independent - that's my disclaimer with more information to follow and a brief history.

I voted for Bush (v Gore) in 2000. I supported Clinton and still think he was a good President, but didn't have much faith in Gore as a Commander in Chief, especially with his running mate.

I voted for Bush (v Kerry) in 2004. Sitting President in a War and all, plus I wasn't impressed with Kerry at the time.

I voted for Obama (v McCain) in 2008. McCain essentially acquiesced defeat before the election really began back then, and then his running mate (who embarrassingly enough, I thought would become a better politician than she became) selection...

I voted for Obama (v Romney) in 2012. I had and have no faith that Romney would be a decent President for a list of reasons a mile long. I can't imagine a scenario where I would ever vote for him (okay, maybe in Survivor to get him off the Island...). Surprisingly, in this election I was impressed with Romney's VP selection in Ryan. Even in disagreeing ideologies on several issues, I found him intelligent and well spoken. Realistically, if it would have come to a Ryan v Biden election, I likely would have voted for Ryan.

I said that to say this - Hillary isn't inspiring a cult-like devotion in everyone. She certainly has blind voters but the Republican field is pretty slim. The Democrat side isn't anything to write home about either, so that defaults us to a "Devil you know" scenario.

We aren't voting for the position of saint and are basically aware that everyone comes with a fair share of scandal and baggage and we know what we're getting with Clinton. On the Republican side, all we've basically seen for the past 8 years are screams of the President being born in Africa, to a rabid opposition to the ACA (aka Obamacare), to more corny (and often ignorant) references to the US Constitution than anyone ever deserves to listen to.

Ideology plays a part as well. You pick a few issues you care about and vote to get those represented. Some examples...

Abortion - the law will likely never really fundamentally change despite which party is in power. I actually lean pretty conservative/right on this issue personally, but realistically abortion has become a talking point in politics than a real measure. I can't imagine this law ever changing much, but the right uses it to say everyone on the left are baby-killers while the left uses it to say everyone on the right wants to enslave women. The point of the law has given way to rhetoric for a long time now... Basically, this issue is a wash in the political arena except for rallying the base voters.

"Obamacare" - I'm way left on this one. I have friends and relatives in Canada (public healthcare) and Ireland (public healthcare) and the only time I ever hear how horrible the healthcare is in these places is when a right-wing politician tells me how terrible it is. When I talk to real people who genuinely experience it, the opposite is usually true and they praise their respective systems.

Here in the "greatest nation on Earth...," it's complete bullshit that it's citizens don't have access to healthcare. Candidates like Romney on the right suggest the poor people use the ER as their "free" health care system - what an asshole. I know people who have had to do that and they end up paying a few thousand dollars for an issues that's often remedied with OTC medicine that costs about $8. Healthcare will almost always be a factor in my candidate selection.

Environmental Policy - Again, the right has a pretty terrible record in regards to caring for our planet. Trees, mountains, lakes - these aren't the natural resources the right tend to care about. They're willing to bulldoze right through them to get to a few gallons of oil. A lot of them are startling anti-science and anti-fact in regards to the human influence to damaging our planet as well.

Gun control - I'm way to the right. I own or have owned virtually all forms of firearms and am an active shooter. I also believe in the right to protect me and mine, lethally via said firearms.

Those are a few of the bigger issues. Abortion laws aren't likely to change and Gun control laws are difficult to change as well. That leaves me with healthcare and the environment from my sample list. In our 2 party system - guess which one is more likely to completely screw one or both of those up in a short amount of time?

Voting for ideology often equates to voting against rather than voting for and I think that a lot of the Clinton fervor is generally just Democrat fervor as the nation, at least presently, leans more left on a lot of these issues.

• Thanks Thanks x 2