1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advertising

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by luvgonzo, Feb 17, 2016.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Member

I noticed the advert at the top of the page, "Turn photos into memories" very cute seemed like a nice advert.

I decided to click on the advert and discover more only it changed as I clicked and I was confronted with the option to date many Russian women!!!!!

I never really liked photos anyway.

2. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Sorry Luvgonzo, can't help you there. We don't all see the same adverts. But good luck with the Russian ladies LOL

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  3. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Click on the ads. It supports the forum, with a few pennies, at least.

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Member

I thought I was going mad but nope, there is an advert on the banner at the top that rotates and does very much advertise Russian Women dating.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Member

I also booked with JumpIn which is another advert at the top for an indoor trampoine center. I was told that I'd have to remove my large clown shoes as they were a health and safety issue I agreed but then they also insisted I remove my clown hat!!! I accused the lady involved of trying to undress me in stages and she took offence. I was removed form the event!

The advertising on this site is becoming a problem for me.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Member

OK so my new friend Olga has agreed to meet me, she's a lady from the Russian Dating site advertised on this forum. How do I bring the clowning into the conversation? I'm thinking turning up on our first date in full make up may be a mistake but it would at least mean we start out on an honest foot.

Thanks for any help.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Member

So my date went well, a nice meal and a few drinks afterwards. Olga has been in the UK for 12 months and her English is really good. I didn't dress in any clown gear but did mention it at the end of the night, Olga didn't freak at all and seemed quite interested. She mentioned that she likes to dress up as well but didn't want to go into detail.

Perhaps I'll learn more on our next date.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. tim

Ooooooo.....DO tell!

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Member

Ok so Olga does like to dress up, I was hoping it would be something that we could both enjoy but when Olga turns out to be Dimitri a Russian miner who like to dress in womens clothing I have to admit it was a bit of a shock, the stubble should have been a sign that I picked up on but some women do suffer from a bit of facial hair so I was trying to be sensitive.

I may have to leave the Russian dating website it's not for me I'll sort it out next week when I can sit at my computer desk again.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. tim

And some Russian women are big and hairy. But, if that isn't your type....

Have you thought about using Ukrainian dating sites? Lots of beautiful blondes, da?

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Member

I think I'll take a break from dating sites for a while. Although someone I know keeps mentioning Mumsnet I'm wondering if that's something similar?

12. tim

Oh, I'm sure Brits, like Barry Daft, like the Mums.

13. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

Meeting single mums is the sole reason why I got into clowning in the first place and to this day, is the only thing that sustains my interest. :D

As for the Ukrainian dating site, I think you'll find there's some dispute as to whether the Ukraine, actually any longer exists. Vladimir Putin has annexed it and is incorporating it into the Greater Russian Federation. The Western world conveniently looks in the other direction, pretends it hasn't seen a thing and accepts Putin's word that the tanks that rolled across the Crimean border had nothing to do with Russia. Ukrainian betrayal is completed with Western amnesia over Clinton's making of lavish promises to the Ukrainian people during the early nineties, saying the US and NATO would respect, uphold and protect Ukrainian sovereignty, if in return they gave up the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world. Which they did.

No we never saw or heard a thing, just like they never saw Hitler march into Czechoslovakia.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

And once again, Mr. Daft for the WIN!!!

Well spoken, Mr. Daft.

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Member

So how goes the meeting single mums? How successful have you been?
    Not that I'm looking for tips like. Honest.

16. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Sadly Gonzo, a gentleman never tells, as I'm sure you know. Unfortunately, my clown character is very much not a gentleman and the thing about single mothers is a casual, throw away line, that is often found amusing by the people I entertain.

17. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

And here's another throw away line for you, concerning adverts for dating services.

Facebook keeps sending me adverts for a Christian dating site. Well the last thing I need is help finding women who don't want to date me.

18. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

How did I ever miss this thread? Luvgonzo, you must fill us in on your latest adventures!

19. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I believe some of the advertising (I know it is true for other websites) is influenced by your search history. When I was looking for new patio furniture, I kept seeing ads for patio furniture on just about any website I would visit.

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Member

So I married Olga a month ago, it was all going well until she...he or whatever asked to bring her family into the country, it seems dressing up runs in the family and this clown is now stuck in the middle of a whole bunch of cross dressing Russians. The donut cushion comes in handy but the advertising on this site has a lot to answer for.

• Laugh Laugh x 1