1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adult parties

Discussion in 'Party Clowning' started by CheckerZ, Sep 12, 2012.

1. CheckerZ

CheckerZ New Member

Has anyone been asked to do Adult parties. Not like the nudity stuff but for adults/grown-ups, people in there 50s+? I've been asked by a friend to do his father-in-laws party and he'll be turning 52. Just wondering if there is anything different I need to to or if anyone suggestions anything. They don't want me to do my regular birthday party show, they just want me to bring balloons and anything else I can think of. I was hoping for everyone's help here.

2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I have done retirement parties and other adult birthdays. Even though the guest of honor was an adult, they had me there for the kids. Just approach it like any other party. And, FYI, adults like to get balloons too. They might be more interested in flowers and teddy bears over dogs or spider-man...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

I have one for a lady turning 50 the end of October. I asked for some info from her kids on her. Appears she is a crazy cat lady and works that local nursing home there. So that gave me some ideas. I've found a couple of cute cat songs, doing some balloons and old age gags. Ask the ones planning the party for information on the birthday person so you can personalize the party.
    Sara K.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  4. cricky

cricky New Member

We were shown how to do "balloony tunes" at a clown workshop hosted by the Grettons. Though good for any age, they especially recommend these glorified singing telegrams for older folks. I ballooned two of my friends for their birthdays, and they loved it. Let me know if you would like more info.... I'd be happy to go into more detail:)

5. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

Like special K, I try to get info from the family/ the ones hiring me for the event, and gear my jokes around that person as much as possible. I ususally go as Nurse Sally and do a Dr. routine for mine, then usually end with balloons. btw blow us a latex glove, tie a knot , pull the middle finger [yes the middle one] and the knot and it'll shape up like a fish. I use that in part of my routine to then switch over to reg. balloon designs.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Jodie

Jodie New Member

So funny ! I will have to try this one!

7. CheckerZ

CheckerZ New Member

Thanks for the ideas everyone. The party is tonight and its my buddies father in law, so I kinda know him. My buddy, really wants me to just make an appearance and do balloons. So, should be kinda easy.