1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A perfect example of Poe's Law

Discussion in 'Political Jokes' started by Pookie, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

2. Barnie Bonkers

Barnie Bonkers Well-Known Member

OH come on... whats with all this Political crap....It's not really that funny....

NoBamma was just stupid... NoBush... well that had some interesting consequences...

Anyway it's your party's turn for President again (they just take turns anyway)

3. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

After reading this I was also concerned that with that attitude Ms. Rodham Clinton would end up alienating non-Democrat Party voters.

4. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

The best comedy is based in truth. Now, I could explain why the Onion article is really, really, really true, but since it would not be funny I might put myself in danger.

5. V

V Well-Known Member

It would have been funnier if it was funny at all. I'm actually disappointed in that Onion article. It looks more like a fan submitted rant than a genuine attempt at satire - I expect more out of my humor than a wall of text that never really gets to the humor.

6. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Well... The Onion is certainly not a Fox News friendly site/publication, so there is that. And the fact that it is so dead on the nose. Ta da-- Poe's Law!

And if at some point in the next 18 months it proves prescient, that will make it even funnier.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  7. V

V Well-Known Member

I'd probably take the bet against this - what's the line?

There's probably people excited about a Hillary run but there are probably better candidates from the Democratic party - it's just a matter of them having the willingness to challenge the Clinton campaign.

That being said, it's still better that what we're seeing early on from the other side:

Chris Christie - right....

Ted Cruz - Anybody but this a*hole...

Rand Paul - okay, maybe not anybody..

Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee...? -
    [​IMG]

(^ who will get that reference first? It should be Tim)​

8. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Yeah, we just can't seem to find any.

Well, at least you got one correct!

9. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Well, there is some truth to that.

It's usually because of revanchism. Though, unfortunately, it is the Demimonde Party that usually acts out of pure revanchist motives.

10. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Okay...

I think I got it. And if I do:
    My response would be-- not quite; more of a foul ball, really.