1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Esquire profile of Fred Rogers

Discussion in 'Storytelling and Puppets' started by The Princess of Bozonia, Dec 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

I happened upon this article today and thought I'd share it with the group. There's the f-word and a description of Mr. Rogers naked, for those who wish to avoid that sort of thing, and some God talk, for those who wish to avoid that sort of thing. (You are all old enough to make your own choices in that regard!) But stick around long enough for the description of the TV show that started Mr. Rogers on his path of forging wholesome children's entertainment: I had to stop and have a good laugh.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/interviews/a27134/can-you-say-hero-esq1198/

Cariz!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

What a wonderful essay!

It does take a bit of time to read through it all, but was well worth the investment. I really appreciated a certain simplicity with which the story was related, that brought out Fred's spirit, as well as a certain honestly and insight of experience in time spent with him, making the story real. In the end, it was touching, heart warming, and allowed me to remember Mr. "F-ing" Rogers, withand his work, with grace.

3. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

I read this article the first time it was published, but it was great to read it again. There are a lot of wonderful insights to be gleaned from this. Thank you.