1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Entertainer's Educational Events Calendar

Discussion in 'Events and Announcements' started by tim, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Plywood

Plywood New Member

Here's the link. http://www.midwestroundupwebsite.com/

2. msraven

msraven New Member

I'll be attending Circus Magic in Williamsburg,VA February 23-26....Thank you for posting the information... I hope to see some of you there.

3. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Can this thread, perhaps, be made a "sticky" for easier access?

4. Plywood

Plywood New Member

Sure, what you do is spread peanut butter, jelly, and honey on your computer screen--and then it becomes a sticky. Let me know how that works out for you.

5. tim

Or I can put my used gum on the screen.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Nooo
    You got to save that in case you get a flat tire driving from Chicago to Minnesota. (Will says so!)
    Sara K.

• Laugh Laugh x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. tim

So, what has everyone been attending thus far?

What are you planning on trying to get to?

With the new year upon us now, are there any updates to the calendar which ought to be added?

I have noted a couple of cancellations (by leaving the event, but citing such cancellation in boldface.)

I'd like to add this event, but I'm a little uncertain as to what the solid dates are. It appears to be April 20-22?

http://www.midwesthorsefair.com

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. maskandclown

maskandclown New Member

Hi everyone! I'd like to share that The New York Mask & Clown Workshop is holding a two-workshop series on Commedia Dell'Arte (LeCoq-based) mask & clown technique in New York. The first workshop, Fundamentals of Mask & Clown, runs from March 22-25, 29-April 1st, and the second, Advanced Techniques of Mask & Clown, is held April 11, 14-15, 21-22. The instructor, Ariane Anthony, is a phenomenal teacher of the technique. More workshop info is here:
    http://www.maskandclown.com/upcoming.htm
    You can also contact maskandclown@gmail.com

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. tim

I need to update a couple of things, when I get a chance. In the interim, there is this to be featured: the Milwaukee Ukulele Fest, October 20:

http://mufest.com/

The Chicago Uke Fest should be sometime in July.

Are there others out there, also?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  10. Toby KID

Toby KID New Member

Here is a sight thats AWESOME. The creator and web guy is a pretty cool dude as well.
    http://clownevents.com/
    You can easily submit events. Search events in different ways; dates, type, regions.
    I consult this site when I am traveling to see what will be in the area I am going to.
    This site is just the best!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. I cannot thank you enough for providing this information. I have been out of the loop for so long. Thanks again

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Cheri Cherry

Cheri Cherry New Member

Thank You to Tim for Quotes!

I've got one for YOU !

I am an ARTIST this means I live in a perverse fantasy world with unrealistic expectations - THANK YOU for Understanding :D

Cheri Cherry;)

13. Jeff the Magic Man

Jeff the Magic Man Active Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. V

V Well-Known Member

Kidabra International

January 28-31 - Oxnard, Ca - Midyear Meeting

August 3-7, Williamsburg, VA - Kidabra Conference

Groundhog Day Jugglers Festival

February 6-8, Atlanta GA

International Jugglers Association

July 20-26, Quebec City, Canada

Winter Carnival of Magic*

March 5-7, Pigeon Forge, TN

Mayberry Magic Festival

September 25-27*, Mount Airy, NC

* Pigeon Forge (and surrounding Gatlinburg) is a nice vacation destination. It's a definite tourist town with a complete list of attractions (Dinner Theaters, etc). It's a fun town to visit so you can double down and take a mini-vacation while at the convention. Pigeon Forge is (semi) local to me at about 4 hours and one of my favorite long weekend destinations.

* Tentative date to coincide with a "Mayberry Days" festival that tributes the obvious Andy Griffith show. More information incoming, but all ready some top-notch keynote speakers scheduled.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. tim

OMG do something ELSE in a place other than just safely hole oneself up in the confines of a convention hotel with friends who are just as odd and geeky as yourself? Banish the thought! Besides, that would take money spent out of the vendors' pockets. Why would you even suggest such a thing?!?!?!?!

17. V

V Well-Known Member

I know right? Absurd...

I don't get the guys who spend 100% of their vacation time in the convention center, especially when visiting somewhere new. Budget can certainly play a role in prioritizing trips but there's also a lot to do cheap or free virtually anywhere you go. Most regional museums are around $5; same with transportation or specialty museums.

Going back to Pigeon Forge as an example; outside of all of the expensive touristy stuff, they have the Smoky Mountains where you can basically spend forever without paying for anything but food and fuel. If you really want to be thrifty and still see a show; go set through one of those lousy timeshare things and get the free tickets - you can even make a game out of it to see how irritated you can make the aggressive sales people. Forehead veins and purple skin by your would be salesperson is a good score indicator.

Even small town destinations have offerings. I currently live in 'Mayberry' - literally. No big dollar destinations here but you have a regional museum ($5), an Andy Griffith Museum ($5), Eng & Chang Bunker grave site and history (free), Snappy Lunch (cost of meal - cheap) & Mayberry Soda Fountain, Floyd's barbershop, Andy Griffith Playhouse, 2 Greenways, Squad car tours, a ton of vineyards, and more Andy Griffith references than you can imagine. That's not counting seasonal stuff and street festivals. Obviously 'Mayberry' has some nostalgia appeal, but most any town in the country is going to have something to offer other than tacky carpet, dated conference rooms, and 300 other nerds to look at. ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  18. tim

Oh, I want to get my picture taken on the park bench seated next to the statue of Aunt Bea!

19. V

V Well-Known Member

No Aunt Bea statues, but we do have the TV Land dedication statue of 'Andy & Opie' just outside of the Andy Griffith Museum...

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2